uniqs
jordanaustin
join:2011-08-25
Grove, OK

jordanaustin

CableCard Not Subscribed HDHomeRun Prime

I need some help.

I've got an HD Homerun Prime »www.silicondust.com/prod ··· dhr3-cc/

I've tried 5 different cable cards, and no one seems to be able to get this to work.

First card, wouldn't activate.
Second card, activated but any channel above 200 comes up as "not subscribed"
Third card, activated but any channel above 200 comes up as "not subscribed"
(at this point the local office was out of cards so they had some shipped).
Fourth card, was an S card and wouldn't even fit in my device.
Fifth card, wouldn't activate.
Sixth card, wouldn't activate.

I've had a few technician visits in the past month. Two of which were the supervisor of my town. They see it's plugged in, they call, try to get it working but get nowhere the same as I do.

I've chatted with support a few times, I've called the support number a few times. I've wasted days of vacation. I've visited the local office several times because you can't call them. Support just keeps sending technicians who say they don't have any cable cards to try and will come back or call me the next day, which they don't.

Does anyone have any kind of high up person I can talk to? This Friday is 28 days of service with no channel above 200 working.

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

moldypickle

Premium Member

Look on the approved tech list that's pinned on the forum and send Pete Abel a message and a link to this thread. While not directly able to fix your problem, he's high enough up that he can get the right people on this issue.

That said, cable cards seem to be a continual problem for a lot of people. Others seem to have zero problem, but several have issues similar to yours. Best of luck!
jordanaustin
Grove, OK

jordanaustin

thank you sir

plk
Premium Member
join:2002-04-20
united state

plk to jordanaustin

Premium Member

to jordanaustin
Using the homerun prime here with Suddenlink.
I do know you have to have them do a "cold hit" on these homerun's
Using the Motorola M card here.
SL seems to have some trouble getting these going. It isn't the card or unit, it the way SL goes about doing it.
running 2 homeruns here.
ghostyroasty
join:2013-08-20

ghostyroasty to jordanaustin

to jordanaustin
At least you are using cable cards. I went in to inquire about the cost difference between keeping my TiVo, or getting rid of it and going to cable card. They said that the cable card is not compatible with the sl200 package to which I cannot believe. I was going to go with an hd homerun prime, but since everyone I talk to either says it is cheaper for me to keep what I got, or it is not compatible, I'm stuck. I would've just cancelled cable tv completely, but there is the caps that may or not be in place. Ugh.

moldypickle
Premium Member
Haughton, LA
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro

moldypickle

Premium Member

Technically, they are right. With the cable card you should lose access to the guide, vod, ppv. It would be more like the basic cable except you can get HD and the premium channels if you subscribe. For reference, the cost of the cable card should be 2.50/month/card.

Also, to figure out if the caps are in place for your market, the official word is that if you can log in to your SL account and see the meter functioning, then the caps are active for your market.
ghostyroasty
join:2013-08-20

ghostyroasty

I could care less about the guide, VOD and ppv... The VOD rarely works anyways :P The guide I would have through WMC. I may call and see what I can get... Funny thing about the meter. It was working up until a couple days ago, and now it only shows last month's usage. So I'm not sure if they are still counting or not. I'm in the Beckley, WV area. I've also thought about getting a business line because I've heard there are no caps... But I've also heard that the data rate is only a 6 meg line...

moldypickle
Premium Member
Haughton, LA
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro

moldypickle

Premium Member

Business lines ARE uncapped, and usually of a slower speed but you should still be able to get a price quote for a speed faster than 6 megs. The downside is that it'll be a magnitude more expensive.

Sorry I can't help any more about the meter, that's the best answer I have been able to officially get on the mater.
jordanaustin
Grove, OK

1 edit

jordanaustin

Well approximately a week after contacting Pete Abel (EDIT: Technically it was a day after I gave him my contact info) I received a call from a gentleman named Scott in Muskogee OK. He got a couple engineers on the issue and had my cable card working with all channels within an hour. He told me that the card had the "wrong item type" and "wrong occurrence".

The next day I had two technicians at my house with some new cards they picked up from Muskogee. Within 15 minutes on the phone it was up and going with zero issues. I guess I'm the first person in my town to use a cable card, so the back-end was goofed. It took over 60 days to get it working within an hour. It's all about getting the right person I guess. Thanks moldypickle. They also threw me a 200$ credit.

Ghostyroasty I am using my HDHomeRun prime with the SL200 package. I told them I didn't want the receiver, I was going to use a cable card instead so they locked me in at $80 for the first year (15 meg internet incl) no receiver just card. According to the FCC they are required by law to offer a cable card option, although i'm not sure how much more it costs vs standard package. »www.fcc.gov/guides/cable ··· r-rights My setup has 3 tuners and Windows Media Center does have a 2 week guide built in. I've also got another hdhomerun with 2 tuners over antenna that all ties into the same system.

The channel lineup in Grove is pretty terrible but i'll admit it's pretty sweet for what it costs. 3 tuners, watch tv from any pc or ipad in the house, unlimited storage (you buy). Most shows recorded on your main box can be watched on other PCs in your house, some are copy protected.

Now my internet is running at 4 meg usually instead of 15 but that's a whole other issue and they are working on it.

Thanks again for the help, hope it guides someone else in my shoes someday.