All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Xenokai
join:2005-08-29

Xenokai

What is U-Verse? DSL/Cable or Fiber?

From the looks of what ive read it sounds like DSL? but its off that were im moving to says u-verse isnt avaible but DSL is.
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

Paralel

The flavor of Uverse that everyone considers "True" Uverse is VDSL2 fed over copper to your house from a VRAD, which is fed with fibre. The other flavor of Uverse is ADSL2+ fed over copper to your house from an IPDSLAM, probably located at the CO, which is fed with fibre.

If you can't get any flavor of Uverse, you get legacy DSL, ADSL using ATM over copper, fed from a RT or CO.

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U

Premium Member

said by Paralel:

The flavor of Uverse that everyone considers "True" Uverse is VDSL2 fed over copper to your house from a VRAD, which is fed with fibre. The other flavor of Uverse is ADSL2+ fed over copper to your house from an IPDSLAM, probably located at the CO, which is fed with fibre.

If you can't get any flavor of Uverse, you get legacy DSL, ADSL using ATM over copper, fed from a RT or CO.

And the 3rd flavor of U-Verse is Fiber to your house
Xenokai
join:2005-08-29

Xenokai to Paralel

to Paralel
ok thanks for the info, Does AT&T normal DSL not use ADSL2+? My current local DSL company which only offer up to 6mb max and only 1.5mb at my current home swicthed there dsl to ADSL2+ about 2 years ago. I figured AT&T swicthed years before that?
Matt7
join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

Matt7

said by Xenokai:

ok thanks for the info, Does AT&T normal DSL not use ADSL2+? My current local DSL company which only offer up to 6mb max and only 1.5mb at my current home swicthed there dsl to ADSL2+ about 2 years ago. I figured AT&T swicthed years before that?

AT&T offers ADSL2+ in some areas...

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey

Premium Member

said by Matt7:

said by Xenokai:

AT&T offers ADSL2+ in some areas...

But they call it Uverse. If you just have "DSL" then it's not ADSL2+.

/M
mackey

mackey to Xenokai

Premium Member

to Xenokai
said by Xenokai:

No. They waited for the rest of the world to switch to it driving down the equipment cost, then made a big show of switching most of the non-VDSL areas over to it calling it their "next generation" and "fiber optic" service.

/M