Flt Rider
Premium
join:2003-11-25
Appleton, WI
Reviews:
·exede by ViaSat
reply to OldSatUser

Re: [Exede] Usage issue

Oldsat, first of all I'm not a HER, I'm a HIM. Second of all, I never once said that while I was away there wasn't something in my home that is online. I have a few items that are online all the time, and while they do use some data, they have been there since day one. Second of all, we all know that Excede has been having meter issues, and they recently acknowledged one at the end of July, which was exactly during this time.

The point of my post was this:
1. Your dish bein gout of alignment CAN and DOES effect your data usage, period, end of discussion on that point. What about the other 3 weeks I was there, using my normal amount of data that was being perhaps doubled and tripled due to retrys.
2. I continue to be amazed by those people who continue to bash the service, which is HIGHLY contigent on a proper installation. There are many BAD installers out there. I have not seen this ever, mainly because I always work through my local NRTC Coop. I can't stress enough that if people have one available, that should be their FIRST choice for service. These companies have brick and mortar in the local community, and hire locally, and care about the service they provide. I can't say the same for many of the generic Dish/Direct installers who happen to also try to install bi-directional services. They are NOT the same. I'm not saying they are all bad, just that I would trust my local coop over anybody, first an foremost.

I sure hope this ends the confusion.....

HDMan....(M-A-N)
--
The proper way to break in a Harley: Grab a fist full of throttle, and ride it like you stole it!!!

OldSatUser

join:2012-05-10
Fresno, OH

Care to provide us an update hdman.

»www.wildblueworld.com/forum/show···ot-right

hdman
Flt Rider
Premium
join:2003-11-25
Appleton, WI

Sure....its not good. I keep getting fapped....
No clue why, and I'm getting a tad pissed about it.
--
The proper way to break in a Harley: Grab a fist full of throttle, and ride it like you stole it!!!

Liberty

join:2005-06-12
Tucson, AZ
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

I was thinking the NRTC provided by the day usage in like a spreadsheet like layout
Am I remembering right?

Most NRTC installation & support is pretty good
Many local Dealers offer quality personal service too

Giving your order to a toll free number from a google search and likely a subcontractor will be your installer - flip a coin....

DrStrangLov

join:2012-03-28

said by Liberty:

I was thinking the NRTC provided by the day usage in like a spreadsheet like layout

They dropped that format...just a summation result

OldSatUser

join:2012-05-10
Fresno, OH
reply to Liberty

You are remembering right Liberty. Unfortunately that was with Wildblue Legacy from at least 2006 until I would say sometime in 2011. Then they "modified" the meter and actually removed the functionality for the daily usage report. I really miss that old meter!