spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Luna

join:2013-07-15
Martinsburg, WV

Are Millenicom subscribers's bandwidth a low priority?

I went and talked to the local Sprint store in my area (a reseller.) This outfit actually own the closest tower to my house that Sprint uses. When I mentioned about possibly going through a reseller for my data plan, the salesperson told me that my data would be at a lower priority over an actual direct Sprint customer and that might affect my speed. Has anyone else heard of this or experienced this?

Max Signal
Premium
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY
kudos:1
The Sprint store was using Scare tactics . There is absolutely no truth to what you were told regarding Millenicom.

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
reply to Luna
I know that VIRGIN MOBILE users (whether broadband or mobile phones) ARE a lower priority on SPRINT towers....

Luna

join:2013-07-15
Martinsburg, WV
Yeah he mentioned Virgin Mobile being in the same boat. I wasn't sure if it was scare tactics or if it was legit, and even if it is legit if it would affect me that much.

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
said by Luna:

Yeah he mentioned Virgin Mobile being in the same boat. I wasn't sure if it was scare tactics or if it was legit, and even if it is legit if it would affect me that much.

On VM I have never had an issue with priority. You will find that it only comes into play on really busy towers (if they even do it anymore).

Max Signal
Premium
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY
kudos:1
reply to Luna
It was scare tactic . Millenicom users get the same priority as direct Sprint users . Virgin is a discount service owned by Sprint directly , it has no relationship to priority given to Millenicom users ! . Before you brought it up this clown had no idea who Milenicom even is.