uniqs
share rss forum feed

RogueMonk
Premium
join:2003-02-11
Stoney Creek, ON
kudos:1

Speed to Fox Sport 1 on August 17

I'm wondering how the transition from Speed to Fox Sports 1 will work on Cogeco?

Marcer
Premium,VIP
join:2007-07-08
Hamilton, ON
kudos:13

Hello,

Speed Network Canada is a separate Network from Speed Network US.

At this time there is no planned format change for Speed Network Canada.

Keaters
Premium
join:2007-07-25
Chatham, ON

I would tell this to your front line agents because I called to ask about this and they told me that they got a notice stating that it will be changed to Fox Sports 1 on the Cogeco network and that the channel will still exist for us.

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium,VIP
join:2011-07-11
kudos:6

said by Keaters:

I would tell this to your front line agents

I'll make sure it's reiterated and made clear. Thanks!

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada

exactly, speed network canada will still be called speed vision or speed network, or somethnig like that
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

RogueMonk
Premium
Stoney Creek, ON
reply to Cogeco_Aaron

OK. Thanks. I guess I am more wondering about programming. Will we still be getting the NASCAR programming that will be moving to Fox Sports 1.
--
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliott

RogueMonk
Premium
Stoney Creek, ON
reply to RogueMonk

According to the link on your website, SPEED TV is the same as the US Speed TV.

I followed the link on this page -- »cogeco.ca/web/on/en/residential/···kage.php

It took me to a popup that says: "Speed Channel is Television on the Move and is the first and only 24-hour cable Network devoted to the millions of people who love cars, boats, airplanes and motorcycles. Courses and programs for mechanic fanatics.

Visit the SPEEDCHANNEL"

When I follow that hyperlink it takes me to this page -- »www.speedtv.com

That ultimately linked page is the Speed TV (soon to be Fox Sports 1) page.

Please clarify.

--
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliott

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium,VIP
join:2011-07-11
kudos:6
reply to RogueMonk

said by RogueMonk:

OK. Thanks. I guess I am more wondering about programming. Will we still be getting the NASCAR programming that will be moving to Fox Sports 1.

Some of the content will be the same between Fox Sports 1 and Speed, however, the programming that is currently on Speed is not changing from what I understand.

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada

no canadian provider has negociated a deal with fox sports 1 speed, they still are utilizing their existing carriage deal with speed vision, now called speed, so speed will have to continue to ofer canadians the same feed they were getting before and not the new fox sports 1 speed channel. when a canadian network does a new negocaition with fox sports speed 1, you will be the first to hear about it.
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!