uniqs
share rss forum feed

Optimus2357
Premium
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI
kudos:3
reply to Fren

Re: [ALL] I'm having trouble with activating SB6120. HELP ME!

First, the second picture has your Modem's mac, so may want to edit that out. Second, could you give some background on your situation? Is this new service? A service upgrade? A new modem? Is the modem new or 2nd hand?

avillafane

@cox.net

look like your power level is too high it should be 40 or below so you might have a splitter problem or a cable line problem but your 36 db is in the range so that good but getting too much power level so i would have the tech to check your line to see if he can replace it or get a new splitter hope that helps if it not a line problem you could have gotten a bad modem

Optimus2357
Premium
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI
kudos:3

It needs be under 50, not 40.
»Cox HSI Forum FAQ »What should my modem signal levels be?

And I don't think its a signal problem because he is getting the Self Registration page, which he wouldn't get if his modem wasn't online. Its likely a provisioning issue, maybe even caused by a glitch in the Self registration system. I have a feeling it might fix itself over night.

Fren

join:2013-08-14
Pittsburg, KS
reply to Optimus2357

Just edited second picture. Thanks very much.
I just moved in to new apt so this is new service.
Modem is not new. My roommate gave it to me when he moved out.
I asked him about the modem but.. he told me that he didn't have any problem with it.

Fren

Pittsburg, KS
reply to avillafane

Well.. i don't use splitter and if I hook up my old SB5101U, it works great. (im using it right now)

Fren

Pittsburg, KS
reply to Optimus2357

so do i have to hook it up before sleep? cuz im using SB5101U right now.