share rss forum feed

G00SE
Premium
join:2003-03-07
Conroe, TX
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

1 edit

[E-mail] E-Mail for wife doesn't work, DAY 2 !!! RESOLVED !!

I deleted my wife's e-mail account and attempted to set her up a new one. (Reason being, I had used her PC a lot in the past, and she was receiving a great deal of e-mail intended for me; I didn't plan it that way, but it would have been a bigger hassle to unsubscribe from so many sites (this occurred over several years). ) Now I'm thinking possibly that might have been the best (and simpler) solution.
I've set up and deleted accounts for myself in the past in minutes with no problem.
However, her account will set up, but the e-mail doesn't work. This is day 2. I spent over an hour with a tech yesterday, and I know the tech was probably as frustrated as I was, but, I'm not paid to solve these problems (although I do appreciate the help and support received).
Supposedly, this was to be "kicked" up to a higher level, and resolved. It wasn't. I logged on to my account today after approx 22 hours, and the "pending" on the e-mail screen was gone, but the e-mail still didn't work.
When I attempt to go to web e-mail, I'm taken to a screen that flashes very briefly, that has my wife's e-mail address in a sign on, and there's a place for a password which is blank. The screen shows so briefly that I doubt I could get a screen shot of it. It's not the normal e-mail screen anyway. And, when I attempted to send myself an e-mail from her account from her PC, I received a silly message stating she wasn't allowed to send e-mail to my address. I mean, I realize a large e-mail system may be a little complex, but it's not nuclear or quantum physics. And the account setup has changed since I last set up an account; everything used to be on one screen; now a user has to go to a second screen to set up e-mail; that's kinda' silly, really. Who wants an account without e-mail ?
I have issues with phone service (changing numbers), and TV service (rep that, uh...was new I guess), and am now paying 3 x $2x for changing my number for the third time. Also glad I called about my TV service and appt, as I was scheduled to pay the tech, like a new customer would have had to do, and there were other discrepancies.
I really like Suddenlink, and I think their techs and reps strive to do a really good job, but enough is enough.
Yes, I know this is supposed to be about e-mail.
I'm not normally one to complain, but after what I've been through, I'm at least making the situation known.

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

Re: [E-mail] E-Mail for wife doesn't work, DAY 2 !!!

I would like to suggest to you to use a web based email that is NOT tied to your ISP. Primarily, this can keep changing ISPs to a minimum headache as your email address won't be gone when you cancel. Since you just "restarted" her email address, this would be about the least painful time to switch before you start linking other accounts or newsletters or whatever to another email.

Just a thought
--
50/3 Suddenlink : Current
5/1 CMA : Old
15/2 TWC : Old

G00SE
Premium
Conroe, TX
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
I hate most web based e-mails except for a paid one I'm on, but even so, I still have use Thunderbird as a local client for it.
But, the thought is appreciated. I remember it was a hassle when Cox sold out to Suddenlink, and I had all these addresses to change, but, I don't see Suddenlink going anywhere soon.

G00SE
Premium
Conroe, TX
Thank you Suddenlink ! The e-mail works now, so problem resolved. I just hope the cable TV install goes well too.

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:2
good to hear!