how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dege

@206.172.0.x

FTTH in my area: cables and terminal installed last week

Hi.
I live in Chateauguay, Qc.The technicians ran the fibre cables in my area and one of them came 2 days ago to install the terminal (black box with 12 exits) right in my back yard. Now, Bell says in their system it shows FTTH availability on Dec 30th.
From experience, do you know if it really takes 5 months or it might be available earlier?
Do they have to complete 100% of the city or they can start certain areas first?
Thanks a lot.

seryser

join:2013-08-13
Mont-Saint-Hilaire, QC
FTTH is available in mont saint hilaire QC but isee no FTTh terminals in the poles. Ihave an order for it to be installed on saturday. i wonder how long it will take for them to run th fibre on that day.

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5
reply to dege
Dec 30 is a date that Bell uses often to denote some future unknown date. It may be sooner, or later than that date.
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

telco_mtl

join:2012-01-06
reply to dege
said by dege :

Hi.
I live in Chateauguay, Qc.The technicians ran the fibre cables in my area and one of them came 2 days ago to install the terminal (black box with 12 exits) right in my back yard. Now, Bell says in their system it shows FTTH availability on Dec 30th.
From experience, do you know if it really takes 5 months or it might be available earlier?
Do they have to complete 100% of the city or they can start certain areas first?
Thanks a lot.

in chateauguay as well, my mothers street was cabled in april and they just finished up the area around Bonneau Park

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to dege
Call the sales number Bell technicians use at 1-866-754-5306 and say that you are referred by B64173, when you call them ask to be put on a notification list for when FTTH is available in your area.
--
Opinions expressed are my own, and may or may not reflect those of my employers or any other BCE company or division.

justsaking

@bell.ca

1 recommendation

reply to dege
why wouldnt you ask the guys doing the work. they wont bite. you ll get lot more detailed info this way then asking in a forum or calling the bell line.

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5
said by justsaking :

why wouldnt you ask the guys doing the work. they wont bite. you ll get lot more detailed info this way then asking in a forum or calling the bell line.

The guys hanging the cables and terminals usually have no information about what's happening upstream from them. Asking doesn't hurt, but I don't think it'll help much.
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

impalass1369

join:2007-09-11
Mercier, QC
I asked the guy in my area when he would be finished and he said sept. I then asked in bell direct and i was told oct or nov fibe would be available.

SLAMtech

join:2009-12-03
kudos:1
reply to dege
The technicians will only be able to give a general time line. Its all up to the engineer as to when the area will be released.

demonte21

join:2009-02-20
Mirabel, QC
reply to dege
They ran the FTTH Cable in my Street last march 2013... and still not working. Their WebSite says December 2013.

dege

@206.172.0.x
reply to justsaking
I did ask the guy and he said he didn't know, that he was only running cables.
Thanks guys for your answers.