how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

awaisuk

join:2008-10-05

I cannot check my internet usage??

Hey,

So my condo has digital cable, and then I signed up for Internet service, I did not know that both of them go into one account. As the building owns the digital cable, they have also put the internet service in the same account, and I cannot use the account number to sign up on Rogers website to pay bills/check usage.

Can I separate the internet from cable tv?

How else can I check my usage without calling them all the time, which is a hassle.

Thanks.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2
said by awaisuk:

Can I separate the internet from cable tv?

Yes it's simple. Have the internet put into an account in your name. I did it. Our TV cable is in a family member's name and the internet is in mine. When Rogers asks (if they ask) why you need a separate account tell them it's for personal billing requirements..........

awaisuk

join:2008-10-05
reply to awaisuk
They told me:

"There can only be one account holder per service address which includes your cable and internet services."

Help?

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

1 edit
said by awaisuk:

They told me:

"There can only be one account holder per service address which includes your cable and internet services."

Help?

This is the problem with Rogers support. They're incapable of thinking an issue through. Ask to speak to a manager. Have him add your unit number to the Internet service account address so Rogers billing will see that it's a separate account and address. With me they added "Unit B" (doesn't exist) to my home address to distinguish the 2 billing/active Rogers accounts at our single service address.

Geez......sometimes we have to draw Rogers a picture...

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to awaisuk
When tv is supplied through the building, the account for that is still in the resident's name as the resident is responsible for any additional service they add like additional channels, PPV or internet and home phone. They are also liable for loss or damage of the equipment even though the condo pays for the rental fees on some of the equipment.

Does the bill for your internet come in your name? If it does, you should have no issues setting up a myrogers.com account and checking your usage. If you still have issues speak to the e care department. They can only be reached via live chat.

If nothing works, escalate it and demand that they give you the ability to cancel immediately without penalty or 30 days notice or they give you unlimited internet at no extra cost because you don't have anyway of tracking your usage.