Premium Member
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar

Premium Member

[TV] Fox Sports 1 & 2 will be on TWC on the 17th after all

Great news!

»variety.com/2013/tv/news ··· 0578392/

"Avoiding the carriage disputes that threatened to undermine their Aug, 17 launch, national cable channels Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 are on target for distribution deals with Time Warner Cable, Comcast, DirecTV and Dish, according to sources."

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

Yes we were just officially told that this is correct!

Hob

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar

Premium Member

FXX will also be added September 2nd.
Leedogg
join:2005-08-15
Johnsonville, SC

Leedogg to hobgoblin

to hobgoblin
hobgoblin, Will Fox Sports 2 aka Fuel still be on Sports Pass? Or will it move to the Digital or basic tier? I'm hoping it will move.

Lee

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

said by Leedogg:

hobgoblin, Will Fox Sports 2 aka Fuel still be on Sports Pass? Or will it move to the Digital or basic tier? I'm hoping it will move.

Lee

It will stay on whatever Tier it is in your area is my understanding.

Hob

Suit Up
join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA

Suit Up

Will they at least start broadcasting it in HD? Or could they switch it with FXX in the lineup, so we get Fox Sports 2 in HD rather than that?
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to juilinsandar

Premium Member

to juilinsandar
Woohoo! This is great! I've been looking forward to this for months now. Hopefully FS 2 will be made available in HD eventually in the areas that currently don't carry Fuel HD. Cleatus and I will be watching the sign on of the FS 1 at 8AM.

Elyria
join:2011-10-12
Elyria, OH

Elyria to Suit Up

to Suit Up
said by Suit Up:

Will they at least start broadcasting it in HD?

Don't the "majority" of TW's customers already have near complete HD coverage ?

Def looking forward to a new sports channel. Now that the silly ass'd 3D crap is done and gone........should be plenty room for a good sports channel. Who was that j-off that even remotely thought 3D and sports television would work ? Idiots behind broadcasting get paid for making the stupidest decisions....amazing

Sports scores big time....... 3D goes right back into the well deserved cesspool
Satch
join:2009-11-25

1 recommendation

Satch

Here is what "TWC Untangled" says:

»www.twcableuntangled.com ··· -lineup/

Satch

Suit Up
join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up to Elyria

to Elyria
said by Elyria:

Don't the "majority" of TW's customers already have near complete HD coverage ?

There certainly are very few channels that we get in SD only (that have an HD option). That's why I'm baffled why we still don't get Fuel in HD when we get all the other Fox channels in HD.
Leedogg
Johnsonville, SC

Leedogg to juilinsandar

to juilinsandar
We also don't have FXM (Fox Movie Channel) HD in my area either.
Phroz
join:2005-11-23
Lewiston, ME

Phroz to Suit Up

to Suit Up
Fuel is one of the few channels we don't get in HD either... hopefully that will change.

I refuse to watch sports in SD.
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os to juilinsandar

to juilinsandar
This deal could very well include FXM HD and Fox Sports 2 HD for Time Warner Cable, who has it in a few areas, but not many. FXM HD is found out west mostly.

They're 2 of the very few holes in their Northeast and NC/SC lineups.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar

Premium Member

In my area, FXM is in SD and Fuel is in HD.
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os

Is that a new development?

According to my database, Fuel HD is only available from Time Warner Cable in Coeur d'Alene, ID/Pullman, WA and Gunnison/Telluride, CO.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar

Premium Member

My bad. Fuel is in SD in my area.
juilinsandar

juilinsandar

Premium Member

FOXSPORTS1HD is showing up in the guide in my area on channel 1313 and in SD on 313 and 97.

Fox Sports2SD is on 317.
Leedogg
Johnsonville, SC

Leedogg to juilinsandar

to juilinsandar
And Fox Sports 2 is still on Sports Pass...

Racerbob
Premium Member
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
·Frontier FiberOp..

Racerbob

Premium Member

said by Leedogg:

Yep, it sucks that TW insists on having FS2 on the Sports Pass. I will not pay them another $8.99 a month or whatever it is to get it.
Leedogg
Johnsonville, SC

Leedogg to juilinsandar

to juilinsandar
wow even though I don't have the Sports Pass, I know have access to speed2.com. And can view all the live content and on demand stuff. When they change it to all twc users to view it? It use to require Sports Pass and to login.

Racerbob
Premium Member
Webster, NY
·Frontier FiberOp..

Racerbob

Premium Member

Wow, thanks for the reminder ! I had gone there before and was able to view content. I am happy about FS1 taking over Speed because much of Speed's programming was nonsense with the exception of live NASCAR coverage and Grand Am and other road racing coverage. At least some of the good racing content will be retained on FS1. I will miss Dave Despain's excellent show called Wind Tunnel. Maybe he will consider doing that show on You Tube or something. We can only hope.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_ to Leedogg

Premium Member

to Leedogg
said by Leedogg:

leave it there (no one cares enough)
Happydude32
Premium Member

Happydude32 to juilinsandar

Premium Member

to juilinsandar
Can’t wait to watch the first episode of Victory Lane on the new Fox Sports 1. First Baby Earnhardt crashes and burns and then Cryle Busch, not once but twice. It was a beautiful day in Michigan! Can't wait to watch the recap!

Racerbob
Premium Member
Webster, NY
·Frontier FiberOp..

1 edit

Racerbob

Premium Member

I can certainly tell that you are a knowledgeable expert when it comes to auto racing. LMAO. Let me see now.... Kyle ? 13 wins this year in all three NASCAR series. Winningest driver ever in the Nationwide series with 59 wins at the age of 28 ? 27 Cup wins ? 32 Truck Series wins ? $80 million in winnings ? Still only 28 years old ? Yup. The very best is yet to come. He is crying all the way to the bank. Go get them #18. You certainly have not noticed how much this man has matured in the past two seasons. As far as Jr. is concerned ? Cry baby ? Right.

Now, back on topic.

Just happy here to see auto racing coverage retained by FS1. I hope that they still continue to show programming that race fans can enjoy mixed in with the coverage of other sports. Happy as heck that all of the crap that Speed was showing during the week in the evenings is now gone.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

said by Racerbob:

I can certainly tell that you are a knowledgeable expert when it comes to auto racing. LMAO.

Go 16, The Biff!

Hob

Racerbob
Premium Member
Webster, NY
·Frontier FiberOp..

Racerbob

Premium Member

I like Biffle. Heck, I like them all. For 50 years I have followed all forms of motorsports. My driver used to be Geoff Bodine back in the day. A driver from this area who challenged the establishment down south and succeeded. I latched onto this Busch kid way back when. Yes, he acted stupidly at times, but so has many other drivers at such a young age when they hit the pinnacle of stock car racing. Old DW comes to mind real quick. But he backed his mouth up with his driving also.
Happydude32
Premium Member

Happydude32 to Racerbob

Premium Member

to Racerbob
Yes, I do have a lot of knowledge of NASCAR, followed the sport hardcore since I was 4 years old. Sorry I have no respect for Baby E whose only claim to fame is his dead daddy, the biggest prick on the circuit. Also the Busch brats who are a couple of crybabies.

Any of these names sound familiar, Donnie Wingo, Steve Hmiel, Bud Moore, Mickey Gibbs? I met them and many more every year at the small diner we'd stop at outside of Watkins Glenn before the race. Met many of the pit crews and drivers of the '90s. Been to about 17 races, granted most of them were the Bud At The Glenn. Also got thousands of dollars worth of die cast and other collectables including some artwork done by Sam Bass. So yes I have quite a bit of NASCAR knowledge and a personalized autograph from Alan Kulwicki my uncle got for me a when he went to either Pocono or Dover before his helicopter crash.

So do me a favor, and don't ever challenge my knowledge on the subject again, okay?

Racerbob
Premium Member
Webster, NY

Racerbob

Premium Member

Whatever you say Steve. Whatever you say. I never heard of any of those names that you have dropped. You are indeed an expert.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

1 recommendation

hobgoblin to Racerbob

Premium Member

to Racerbob
I met Greg at Martinsville many years ago when he was a Rookie in trucks. He was such a nice guy I have been following him ever since.

Hob
hobgoblin

hobgoblin to Happydude32

Premium Member

to Happydude32
"Sorry I have no respect for Baby E whose only claim to fame is his dead daddy, the biggest prick on the circuit. "

While I was never a Dale Sr fan, I find your comment completely tasteless and probably off topic.

Hob