Search similar:

uniqs

dnoyeB
Ferrous Phallus
join:2000-10-09
Southfield, MI

dnoyeB

No

Before the rest of you get carried away, let me be the first liberal to say, no new taxes. And damn sure not for something we are already being ostensibly taxed for.

I find it hard to believe the Obama administration would propose a new tax. That's just as dead as repealing Obamacare.

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

OSUGoose

Another liberal/moderate here.

OH HELL NO!

Why not instead, fix the damn E-Rate and USF, and ya know actually fund enough people necessary to actually oversee and enforce them properly.

Heck in Ohio we already have this for most of the colleges:

»oar.net/press/gov_kasich ··· _network

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

1 recommendation

FFH5 to dnoyeB

Premium Member

to dnoyeB
Not a liberal, but agree that another USF tax increase on cellphones is NOT needed. In fact the whole USF pgm is a totally messed up pgm that should be ended - NOW.
78204168 (banned)
join:2013-02-28

2 recommendations

78204168 (banned) to dnoyeB

to dnoyeB
Just what the hell are the property taxes for if not for schools?!? They keep jacking mine up and I don't even have any kids..
moonpuppy (banned)
join:2000-08-21
Glen Burnie, MD

2 recommendations

moonpuppy (banned) to dnoyeB

to dnoyeB
More free stuff for those that suck off the government teat. These are the people that voted for our current President.
intok (banned)
join:2012-03-15

intok (banned) to 78204168

to 78204168
School funding has been slashed in so many parts of the country that large numbers of schools have been closed and class sizes bloated just so that they can even try to keep an education system going.

With right leaning politicians pushing to instead have private schools receive subsidies based on the performance of cherry picked students in increase the school's overall GPA numbers.
cpuoverck
join:2012-09-29

cpuoverck

if we learned anything over the past 50 years it is that more money does not equal better education. Many of the worst performing schools are also the most expensive per student. How many children are you prepared to sacrifice in schools that don't care? Parents should have a choice where they send their children and failing schools should close before they screw up more children.
intok (banned)
join:2012-03-15

intok (banned)

Are you referring to voucher schools and diploma mills? As those are the ones where the costs are high and the results are low.

If a school's funding is so bad that they are using 30 year old text books because there is no money in the budget for new ones those kids should at least be able to get to google to do their research.
NOVA_UAV_Guy
Premium Member
join:2012-12-14
Purcellville, VA

1 recommendation

NOVA_UAV_Guy to intok

Premium Member

to intok
I'm strongly in favor of school vouchers.

If funding gets taken away from failing public schools and goes to private institutions that outperform them, then the end result is still a better overall system - as those without money close and those with money grow and spread their success further.

Perhaps the institution of such a system nationwide would cause schools to rethink how they spend their money, how they evaluate their teachers, and how they structure their curriculum in the hopes of producing better results. At a minimum, it would go a long way toward eliminating the dead weight in our public school systems.