share rss forum feed

wh7qq

join:2012-06-12
Reviews:
·WildBlue

1 edit
reply to DrStrangLov

Re: DD-WRT: Usage Meter

You might want to investigate some of the offerings from TomatoUSB for the RT-N10 (and many others). In general, the bandwidth meter has more/better options and the builds are more recent. It seems easier to me to find the right build and how to install it vs. the interminable and intimidating "Peacock" thread. See »tomato.groov.pl/?page_id=69

DrStrangLov

join:2012-03-28
kudos:1
said by wh7qq:

You might want to investigate some of the offerings from TomatoUSB

Good Point....Asus RT-N10...."B1/C1 are not supported" Guess which version I have...yep, B1

List of wireless router firmware projects

DrStrangLov

reply to wh7qq
said by wh7qq:

builds are more recent.

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13)

SCADAGeo

join:2012-11-08
N California
kudos:2
said by DrStrangLov:

said by wh7qq:

builds are more recent.

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13)

You may be interested in the 07/28/13 build.

For some strange reason, it's not listed under "Additional Information" "Other Downloads"...

wh7qq

join:2012-06-12
Reviews:
·WildBlue
Not to join a peeing contest with you but the latest Shibby build for the 2.4 kernel series is 8-1-13, 8-9-13 for the K26.

Unfortunately Tomato variants do not seem to support the many non-Broadcom versions of the RT-N10. One of the dangers in buying routers is that you get little info about the chipset...same model designation with a different version may be a totally different device wrapped in the same package.

DrStrangLov

reply to SCADAGeo
said by SCADAGeo:

For some strange reason, it's not listed under "Additional Information" "Other Downloads"...

Those are the beta versions...which entitles users who upgrade frequently membership to the brick club...sooner or later.

Btw, DD-WRT's main programmer is a German, where Tomato's is Polish, so NSA won't have a requested backdoors to either firmware used.

For those who take the leap, do read "how to" instructions. I scanned them, but did it my way as explained in first post. Main point is to do a master reset, and install without making entries in menus...virgin router, untouched.

SCADAGeo

join:2012-11-08
N California
kudos:2
said by DrStrangLov:

said by SCADAGeo:

Those are the beta versions...which entitles users who upgrade frequently membership to the brick club...sooner or later.

Ahh... but it's still listed under "Additional Information" on other routers.

Check out the listing for a DIR-615 E3...