StevenP88
join:2010-11-01
Kansas City, MO

StevenP88

Modem Signal Levels Acceptable?

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
I was wondering if my modem signal levels look OK? I am not having any problems with packet loss or routing or connection and my speeds are were they are suppose to be. I have 50 Mbps download and 2 Mbps upload. I have attached a copy of my signal levels and speed test results...

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium Member
join:2006-04-14
Gautier, MS

Pashune

Premium Member

Your stats look fine to me. Your downstream is pretty much perfect at the least. Upstream is probably good too even if it's broadcasting a little lower than normal (This can indicate a very clean line)

Your speeds aren't ideal but they're not terrible either. I'd normally like to see 50 mbps down on both sides.

Makes me wonder if you've been affected by the recent routing problems by those in North TX. Have you experienced elevated latency?

StevenP88
Kansas City, MO

StevenP88

I subscribe to 50/2 on my Cable One Business account, I pay $ 50 for 50 Mbps download with a 2 Mbps upload, is the upload suppose to be higher, like did they change the speed tiers? Here is a screen shot of my ping
StevenP88

StevenP88

I had forgot to update my zipcode on here lol, I actually live in Kirksville not Springfield

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium Member
join:2006-04-14
Gautier, MS

Pashune to StevenP88

Premium Member

to StevenP88
As far as business class goes I wouldn't know, but I do know that all residential tiers have a max limit of 2 mbps upload.
mrwiggles
join:2013-06-10
Sherman, TX

mrwiggles to StevenP88

to StevenP88
Your TX power is too low and needs to be higher. Optimally it should be around 40-45 and not 30. This can cause connection issues such as drop outs and speed issues. You should contact support.

Residential
877-MY-CABLE (877-692-2253)

Business
877-570-0500

StevenP88
Kansas City, MO

StevenP88

I called Business Support and talked with Level 3 Support and he said that my levels are perfect actually and they don't seen anything wrong with the levels... ?? I have not lost connection or anything so maybe the levels are fine lol