spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Questofbell

@bell.ca

Bell Sat TV fibe internet combo (fibe tv too)

There's some pretty sweet stuff happening in kitchener they have the Fibe 50/10 in a lot of places now and it's on for 49.95 ongoing(60 with unlimited) with Sat TV and the phone for 10 bucks.

What is better out there if anything?

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Start Communicat..
i'm pretty sure that's a promotional price for the monthly, after 6 months it goes from $40 something to $80 something.

The FibeTV is probably the best HD quality (better than Rogers HDTV). VDSL2/Fibe Internet is generally more stable and better than cable if you can get it, especially on a newer install with a 7330 remote (likely in your case).

I wouldn't go with Bell for Internet because of the higher costs/lower cap and would consider an IISP that offers 50/10, personally my choice is Start.ca.

despe666

join:2009-06-20
Montreal, QC
Considering that you can get unlimited for 10$ (which Start doesn't offer on VDSL), that there's no dry loop fees, no modem rental/purchase fees and that you have some bundle rebates that start kicking in if you have other services, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Bell internet.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
$10 unlimited is only available if you also have TV and either cell phone or home phone.

People are getting rid of their TV subscriptions and home phones at a growing rate and not everyone's cell phone is with bell nor are they in a position to easily switch.

despe666

Montreal, QC
I know. I'm just saying don't dismiss them outright, for some people (like me) Bell is a much better option.

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to Questofbell
Call the sales number Bell technicians use at 1-866-682-9299 and say that you are referred by B64173, when you call them ask to be put on a notification list for when Fibe Internet and TV are available in your area.
--
Opinions expressed are my own, and may or may not reflect those of my employers or any other BCE company or division.

rednekcowboy

join:2012-03-21
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to despe666
said by despe666:

I know. I'm just saying don't dismiss them outright, for some people (like me) Bell is a much better option.

Ya until they stab you in the back and rewrite your contract which you have no option but to accept or pay outrageous cancellation fees. Double your monthly rate, cut your speed in half, remove unlimited altogether.....they can't be trusted.

despe666

Montreal, QC
No contract on anything but the cell. If they pull any crap like that, they're out. I've been with them for several years though and so far so good.

SLAMtech

join:2009-12-03
reply to Questofbell
The discount for 50/10 is ongoing. It stays at 49.95. You cant listen to everyone on here.

Questofbell

@bell.ca
reply to despe666
The Internet 50/10 fttn is actually locked in at $50 promo ongoing for the life of the service. If you get the TV and stuff(needed anyway)I got it thru a vendor in London they came to my place I'm kitchener and I'd say it's a hell of a lot more stable not to mention faster then rogers too... no complaints so far. Give the guy a call

questofbell

join:2013-08-15
Pm

despe666

Montreal, QC
reply to Questofbell
I have a similar promo with 25/10 locked in at 40$.

rednekcowboy

Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to Questofbell
said by questofbell:

The Internet 50/10 fttn is actually locked in at $50 promo ongoing for the life of the service. If you get the TV and stuff(needed anyway)I got it thru a vendor in London they came to my place I'm kitchener and I'd say it's a hell of a lot more stable not to mention faster then rogers too... no complaints so far. Give the guy a call

I really hope this works out for you, however "locked in" for the incumbents means as long as they feel like giving you that price. Read the fine print, they can, will and have before changed terms "on the fly" with no avenues for the consumer to get out of it.

despe666

Montreal, QC
Cancelling all services seems like a good way of "getting out of it". Except for cells they don't do contracts anymore as far as I know.

rednekcowboy

Reviews:
·Acanac
said by despe666:

Except for cells they don't do contracts anymore as far as I know.

You could be right, but I would check the fine print again. Their special "promo offers" (you know the ones. pay only $XX for the first 6 months/year)are typically contingent on you staying with them for 1 or 2 years, if you cancel early (regardless of how they change those terms), your "promo" gets converted to full price and you get billed for that on top of X number of dollars for the remaining months left of that 1 or 2 years. This makes it extremely unfeasible for most to cancel.

Also, if you ever do cancel and have equipment to return to them, make sure you get a receipt when you drop it off. I had both Rogers and Bell try to ding me for equipment that I dropped off but I kept my receipt. I had to actually prove it to them and I still got bills months after I had cancelled. It took a very long time to get it sorted and, at one point, I even had a Collections Agency calling me twice a day looking for payment for a bill I didn't owe.

The incumbents tricks and incompetence is astonishing.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to Questofbell
I got a similar offer from Bell recently. The $10 for TV was a 6-month thing, but the $50 for 50 megabits was not time-limited.
--
Latest version of CapSavvy systray usage checker: »CapSavvy v4.2 released!