spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

civic110

@optonline.net

[iO] MSG Varsity Discontinued 8/29

So, it looks like MSG Varsity will be discontinued from TV viewing on channel 14 coming August 29. It'll still be available on Ch. 614 and online.

It begs the question, what in the world do you think Cablevision will do with channel 14? It surely won't be left blank; that's prime cable real estate. Do you think a channel higher up will move down or will Cablevision actually add something useful there?

»www.fiercecable.com/story/cablev···13-08-14

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

Effective Wednesday, August 28, 2013, the MSG Varsity channel will be rebranded to the Optimum Channel. The Optimum Channel will offer programming that entertains and informs customers about Optimum product and services from 9am-12 midnight daily. Paid programming will be shown from midnight to 9am. Additional shows will be created with our programming partner, REELZ that includes content surrounding their services and up-coming shows, a dedicated Optimum Local Business reel, tutorials developed for “How-To” segments, and more.
MSG Varsity programming will continue to be available on the MSG Varsity Interactive Channel, channel 614. In addition, the newly rebranded channel will be relocated into the Broadcast Basic package, making it available to all of our video customers

So basically a garbage channel!

andrewc2

join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA

Yup that sounds completely useless... Way to go CV! You know what people want to watch, self promotion of their "tv, phone, and internet company"

MxxCon

join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY

said by andrewc2:

Yup that sounds completely useless... Way to go CV! You know what people want to watch, self promotion of their "tv, phone, and internet company"

Well, apparently people didn't want to watch highschoolers missing free-throws.
--
[Sig removed by Administrator: signature can not exceed 20GB]

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7
reply to civic110

i see plenty of useless channels being added but yet, those of us who pay a hefty price for the premium channels, cannot even get the rest of them in HD.
give me Encore Drama in HD already !
--
Suffolk County NY Police Feed - »www.scpdny.com
PS3 Gaming Feed - »www.livestream.com/elitedata

Ilsno

@optonline.net

Sounds like they are going to use it as a Barker Channel, self promoting Optimum services. I never watched MSG Varsity anyway so it being discontinued is no loss. I won't be watching this new service either.

andrewc2

join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA

They might as well put the guide channel back there :P

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7

said by andrewc2:

They might as well put the guide channel back there :P

and listen to that one channel distorted terrible elevator music ?
no thanks.
--
Suffolk County NY Police Feed - »www.scpdny.com
PS3 Gaming Feed - »www.livestream.com/elitedata

Jmartz

join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

Maybe they will add Al Jazeera, it launches on Tuesday at 3pm.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
reply to andrewc2

That was pretty bad

Ilsno

@optonline.net

I was hoping they would replace it with MGM HD. This is disappointing.