All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
despe666
join:2009-06-20
Montreal, QC

despe666 to rednekcowboy

to rednekcowboy

Re: Bell Sat TV fibe internet combo (fibe tv too)

No contract on anything but the cell. If they pull any crap like that, they're out. I've been with them for several years though and so far so good.

Questofbell
@bell.ca

Questofbell

Anon

The Internet 50/10 fttn is actually locked in at $50 promo ongoing for the life of the service. If you get the TV and stuff(needed anyway)I got it thru a vendor in London they came to my place I'm kitchener and I'd say it's a hell of a lot more stable not to mention faster then rogers too... no complaints so far. Give the guy a call
questofbell
join:2013-08-15

questofbell

Pm
despe666
Montreal, QC

despe666 to Questofbell

to Questofbell
I have a similar promo with 25/10 locked in at 40$.

rednekcowboy
join:2012-03-21

rednekcowboy to Questofbell

to Questofbell
said by questofbell:

The Internet 50/10 fttn is actually locked in at $50 promo ongoing for the life of the service. If you get the TV and stuff(needed anyway)I got it thru a vendor in London they came to my place I'm kitchener and I'd say it's a hell of a lot more stable not to mention faster then rogers too... no complaints so far. Give the guy a call

I really hope this works out for you, however "locked in" for the incumbents means as long as they feel like giving you that price. Read the fine print, they can, will and have before changed terms "on the fly" with no avenues for the consumer to get out of it.
despe666
Montreal, QC

despe666

Cancelling all services seems like a good way of "getting out of it". Except for cells they don't do contracts anymore as far as I know.

rednekcowboy
join:2012-03-21

rednekcowboy

said by despe666:

Except for cells they don't do contracts anymore as far as I know.

You could be right, but I would check the fine print again. Their special "promo offers" (you know the ones. pay only $XX for the first 6 months/year)are typically contingent on you staying with them for 1 or 2 years, if you cancel early (regardless of how they change those terms), your "promo" gets converted to full price and you get billed for that on top of X number of dollars for the remaining months left of that 1 or 2 years. This makes it extremely unfeasible for most to cancel.

Also, if you ever do cancel and have equipment to return to them, make sure you get a receipt when you drop it off. I had both Rogers and Bell try to ding me for equipment that I dropped off but I kept my receipt. I had to actually prove it to them and I still got bills months after I had cancelled. It took a very long time to get it sorted and, at one point, I even had a Collections Agency calling me twice a day looking for payment for a bill I didn't owe.

The incumbents tricks and incompetence is astonishing.