uniqs
share rss forum feed

BAINCH
Premium,VIP,MVM
join:2003-04-02
Blooming Grove, NY
kudos:11
reply to k9iua6

Re: [Cable HSI] Whats with this mediacom ad?

said by k9iua6:

said by MediacomChad:

These popups are to help explain the changes that are occurring with the data usage policies. You'll want to read through this. If you have any further questions let me know.

Another failure point in this process, Chad, is that the wrong person in the household might see this note. What if comes up on a kid's browser first, and not the browser of the primary account holder? The message will get lost or confused, and those that that need to know won't know.

The challenge we have is that no one form of communication seems to work or satisfy all customers. Many have concerns about the browser notification. Others don't use or read their Mediacom email address. Many don't read the information included with their bill. We are attempting to use all three methods for notifying customers in the hope that nobody is surprise by the policy change. Additionally many of the methods will be used going forward to help notify customers should their usage reach near-allowance levels.

GLIMMER

join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

BAINCH

How about not making a person have a mediacom email to view there usage? That should be with the billing website not the mediacom today site. I mean are your web designers that bad they can't make it show on the billing website?

BAINCH
Premium,VIP,MVM
join:2003-04-02
Blooming Grove, NY
kudos:11

said by GLIMMER:

BAINCH

How about not making a person have a mediacom email to view there usage? That should be with the billing website not the mediacom today site. I mean are your web designers that bad they can't make it show on the billing website?

The usage meter is hosted internally. The billing website externally. We are working on getting those together with single sign on. I don't have a timeframe I can share on that yet but we agree it is important.

dwiecking

join:2002-10-28
Bethany Beach, DE
reply to BAINCH

I just checked my MCHSI mailbox, and see 25 unread messages from Mediacom going back to December 2009. I see no message about upcoming data caps, so I assume this new policy does not apply to my account, and I thank you. BTW-messages on the Weather Channel crawler are usually how I find out about Mediacom channel changes; I suggest this additional method to notify affected customers of your new data cap policy.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:103

dwiecking, the new Data allowances will be affecting everyone as of 9/7/13. I will be happy to look over your account and verify your usage if you would like. Feel free to send me an IM with your account or phone number.