spc
Search similar:

uniqs
AMD64Blondie
join:2007-08-17
Portland, OR

AMD64Blondie

Where to buy new phone line splitters?

I'm actually using Comcast cable for my internet,but I still have Centurylink phone service.

My phone is very scratchy-sounding with a lot of noise on the line.

Where can I buy new phone splitters? (The little white piece that plugs into the wall phone line outlet)
TheMayor
join:2002-05-09

TheMayor

Best buy, Fry's, etc. Pretty much any electronics store should carry them

Dolgan
Premium Member
join:2005-10-01
Madison, WI

Dolgan to AMD64Blondie

Premium Member

to AMD64Blondie
If you do not have DSL on your CenturyLink line, the splitters are not going to do anything to improve the situation. Have you plugged a corded phone it at the Network Interface to see if you hear the noise there? If you hear noise at the NID, it will be an outside line issue that CL Phone Repair will need to fix. If the line is clear at the NID, you will want unplug every piece of equipment from the jacks and then try the corded phone in each outlet to isolate the trouble. Noise can be caused by any piece of equipment plugged into a jack, the jacks/IW, or multiple outside issues. Try isolating the trouble before buying any splitters.
Good Luck!
AMD64Blondie
join:2007-08-17
Portland, OR

AMD64Blondie

I'm living in an apartment,so getting to the NID is impossible.

I currently only have a cordless phone hooked up to the phone line.
TheMayor
join:2002-05-09

TheMayor

If you know someone who has a corded telephone you could borrow, I would test the line with that. It's possible there is interference on the cordless.

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV

billaustin to AMD64Blondie

MVM

to AMD64Blondie
They are called DSL filters. If you ask for a phone line splitter, you will get something entirely different. Since you don't have DSL, they are of no use to you. Their purpose is to keep voice calls from interrupting the DSL signal.

As suggested, try the jacks with a corded phone. The problem may be your cordless phone, or your line cord.