uniqs

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall

MVM

Trampoline disassembly

Any advice on getting a trampoline frame disassembled ? I'm stuck with these pieces:

We're moving and I'm thinking if I release some of the springs and take two of these joints apart, 180º from each other, we can fold the trampoline and fit it in the moving truck. I can't pull them apart by hand and using a hammer on the square end deforms the metal. I've sprayed penetrating oil into the joints and let it sit for hours (Blaster penetrating oil - is that too long ? Not sure what the label says as I'm not at home at the moment). I've even tried beating it apart with a block of wood against the vertical post section (with the leg in it so that it maintains it's shape as much as possible).

davidg
Good Bye My Friend
MVM
join:2002-06-15

1 recommendation

davidg

MVM

you need to remove all the spring and take the sections apart. not what you want to hear, but that is how to do it.

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall

MVM

No, that's not a problem and is definitely easier to move. Putting it together wasn't difficult at all - my 13-year old son and myself put it together in 30 minutes or so...

Raphion
join:2000-10-14
Samsara

1 recommendation

Raphion to Hall

to Hall
Unless you remove all the springs, the springs are holding those joints together. You'd need to call superman to do what you're trying to do. Just take all the springs off, put them in a box or fold them into the tarp, then take the frame apart.