Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

[CT] CT Registration question

Long story short due to some engine work my car registration lapsed so I was looking at the thing they mail you and it says if you are late they will mail you a separate bill which would be $10.. however I've yet to get one (5 months now) so do I still pay the $90 or do I send $100?

I know my emissions is past due so that's $40 instead of $20

orion940
Attractive like a magnet
Premium Member
join:2001-12-23
Windsor, CT

orion940

Premium Member

I'd go with the $90. They are probably waiting for you to send the $90 in and then they will bill you the $10. If you send the extra $10 in now, it will probably get afu. Remember, you're dealing with the state.

O.

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium Member
join:2001-07-23
Bristol, CT

DrStrange to Subaru

Premium Member

to Subaru
It's the same for the registration and emissions. Pay the $90 [make sure it's still $90] and the $20, respectively, and the state will send you a bill for the balance in each case.

Remember that you're dealing with the State of CT. The only consistently competent and non-dysfunctional state agency is DRS.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

said by DrStrange:

It's the same for the registration and emissions. Pay the $90 [make sure it's still $90] and the $20, respectively, and the state will send you a bill for the balance in each case.

Remember that you're dealing with the State of CT. The only consistently competent and non-dysfunctional state agency is DRS.

Wait you say pay the $90 but make sure it's still $90 but then you say they might send me a balance..

And for emissions I can't remember but do I just say I need to be tested? I don't need that sheet they mail you do I? I just want to make sure it's right because I'm driving out of state to SC next week on Friday and the last thing I need to happen is me getting stopped 600 miles from home.

Icarus
CHAOS RULES
Mod
join:2000-11-08
Off Center

1 recommendation

Icarus to Subaru

Mod

to Subaru
Dont send anything in the mail. Get your emissions done,make sure that your taxes on the car are paid and have proof of insurance, and go to DMV with all your paperwork. If you plan on driving out of state in a week there is no chance you can do all that by mail.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

said by Icarus:

Dont send anything in the mail. Get your emissions done,make sure that your taxes on the car are paid and have proof of insurance, and go to DMV with all your paperwork. If you plan on driving out of state in a week there is no chance you can do all that by mail.

They can do registration as a walk in? I just ask because they say it has to be done via mail.. but I can't see why they can't do it at a DMV center.

Icarus
CHAOS RULES
Mod
join:2000-11-08
Off Center

Icarus

Mod

Yes you can do it at DMV,no problem there. Just make sure to have the emissions done and taxes paid or you will be out of luck until they are.

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium Member
join:2001-07-23
Bristol, CT

DrStrange to Subaru

Premium Member

to Subaru
Just checked. It's still $90. I recently saw someone pay $95, but the extra $5 was a one-time fee for a car with a Certificate of Origin. Just another nuisance fee from CT, but one you don't have to worry about in your case.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru to Icarus

Premium Member

to Icarus
Oh cool thanks!
Subaru

Subaru

Premium Member

Holy crap Greenwich needs to really fix the online payment.. first of all if you go to town hall you can only pay by check or cash.. no credit cards..

OK online I was seeing one bill but I just got my updated tax bill and it spans two different years for the same car (listed twice) and it's $60.02 for those two years.

Emissions I only had to pay $20 I told him I did not have the paper they send you but they did it via computer, it passed with no effort, next and last would be the DMV I have no clue what they are going to charge but knowing them they are going to make you waste your time so better bring all the stuff with me (emissions, property tax)
Subaru

1 edit

Subaru

Premium Member

Click for full size
What the hell..

so wait right now my registration is fine until next year? So they send out the renewal stuff early?

Ah never mind I see what they do they mail it out a few weeks before it expires.