spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

GVGR

@bellsouth.net

[Southeast] Got Dry Loop July 30th, but AT&T would not release o

Hoping to read about things to try with AT&T.
On July the 27th, I asked AT&T to separate my internet from my home phone number and this they did they did, but I soon found out that I could not port my old phone number to a new phone service, so I asked that my old phone number be reinstated and they did so.
Now I want to port my AT&T phone number to yet another company, but I am being told by an AT&T agent that they only way I can have my DSL separated from my phone line is if I sign up for U-Verse and that is it, no way around it!
I wonder if I can get any help in resolving this matter, it does not seem right that I would have to sign up to a more expensive service from AT&T just to have my DSL separated, I want to keep my DSL from AT&T, but that is all.
Any help ??

BlueMist

join:2011-01-24
Cookeville, TN

Re: [Southeast] Got Dry Loop July 30th, but AT&T would not relea

This possible suggestion might get you around the droids at the ordering center.

1. Order a second (new) phone number.
2. Have the DSL moved to the line that the new number is on.
3. After the above has happened, transfer the old number to what ever carrier you want to.
4. Try cancelling the new phone number after the old one has been successfully transferred.
Notice I said to try cancelling the new phone number.

Some service areas of AT&T will want to switch you to U-Verse any way they can. Hope you don't get the "Sorry, we removed the copper wires when you told us to cancel the phone service. Now we only hook up U-Verse in your area." song and dance.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
said by BlueMist:

Hope you don't get the "Sorry, we removed the copper wires when you told us to cancel the phone service. Now we only hook up U-Verse in your area." song and dance.

95% of U-verse is delivered over copper wires. It would be kind of hard to deliver U-verse with the copper ripped out; unless they were replacing it with fiber. Which they are not.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

GVGR

@bellsouth.net
reply to BlueMist
Thanks for the suggestion, BlueMist, it sounds simple enough and it might work.

I will give them a call to see how fast they can hook up a second line at my place and will inform on it here.

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
kudos:1
reply to GVGR
Pretty much where UVERSE is available the are ditching DSL.(no new installs) You have it, you are grandfathered but no changes allowed and you go to Uverse no going back DSL.
--

GVGR

@bellsouth.net

Re: [Southeast] Got Dry Loop July 30th, AT&T did not release #

Yes, that's probably the way it is now, they've been coming to my front door every so often 'urging' me to switch everything to U-Verse for about a year now and my standard answer has always been that I would think about it.

In a way, I don't like going through these changes, especially when changes means more money out of pocket for pretty much the same thing...