I have this great little desk fan that is perfect for my needs. It's about 1 foot high and cylindrical in shape. It was hardly running so I took it apart, cleaned out all the dust, used alcohol to clean the part where the shaft rests near the motor.
I first re-lubricated it with lithium grease. While it seemed to work well for a few days, after a while it would barely turn even on high. Forget about lower speeds.
Then i cleaned out the lithium grease and re-lubricated it with simple 3 in 1 oil. A similar thing is happening again. High is not as high and low doesn't even spin.
Any ideas on how to get this running like new again? Am I using the wrong oil? Is the motor just too old and worn out? Something else?