Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Central CT
·Frontier FiberOp..
Asus RT-AC68

BiggA

Premium Member

Verizon is retarded

They should be pushing to be able to convert to FIOS, so that they have a future. Deconstructing your business isn't a way to have a future. That, and they should make Cellco and Verizon separate, so that Verizon will have to make money on it's own without Cellco.

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Netcong, NJ

batterup

Premium Member

said by BiggA:

They should be pushing to be able to convert to FIOS, so that they have a future. Deconstructing your business isn't a way to have a future. That, and they should make Cellco and Verizon separate, so that Verizon will have to make money on it's own without Cellco.

That is what McAdam, Verizon CEO, IMHO would would like to do after he buys out Vodafone's 45% leaving Verizon land-line with the debt. Comcast and their ilk gets all warm and fuzzy inside just thinking about it.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to BiggA

to BiggA
Um, you must not know. They actually are separate companies. Verizon Wireless' true name is CellCo Partnership. They ONLY do business as Verizon Wireless.

And they can at any time take it private without a problem; especially since they are their own company.

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Netcong, NJ

batterup

Premium Member

said by TBBroadband:

Um, you must not know. They actually are separate companies. Verizon Wireless' true name is CellCo Partnership. They ONLY do business as Verizon Wireless.

And they can at any time take it private without a problem; especially since they are their own company.

Who can take it private? Go buy a share of CellCo Partnership, I'll bet you cant just like you can't buy a share of MCI/WorldCom both wholly owned subsidiaries of Verizon, VZ on the big board. Now this may come to pass but it will not be as easy as it was selling off the great unwashed
BiggA
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Central CT

BiggA to TBBroadband

Premium Member

to TBBroadband
Verizon owns 55% of Cellco, and they cross-connect, cross-market, cross-everything.