how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

oonsub

join:2012-09-07

2 edits

Down & Upstream Power Level Fluctuation and Pixelated Cable

Been noticing for the past few days that the downstream power level on my modem is acting pretty weird. Look at it it will be .11 and 1.00 on downstream 1 and 2. 10 mins later look again and they are 4.5 and 5.0. 10 mins later -1.0 -1.5. Just seems a little weird to me. Also getting drastically different results on speedtest.net to the same server ranging from 10mbps to 51 mbps. Noticing also that for every million octets that pile up I'm averaging around 1000 correcteds. Also on top of this our cable will pixelate every 5mins or so and eventually go back to normal. Any thoughts?

»i41.tinypic.com/mbqxph.png as of posting

oonsub

1 edit

Re: Downstream Power Level Fluctuation and Pixelated Cable

»i44.tinypic.com/2qup5zb.png 23mins later

»i44.tinypic.com/23w045v.png seems upstream power is fluctuating alot too

oonsub

3 edits
reply to oonsub
»i42.tinypic.com/2damxop.png

Upstream dropping 5 in like 10 mins doesn't seem good.

8/18 »i44.tinypic.com/zsmj3d.png

»i40.tinypic.com/21s8id.png +6 on upstream in under 1 hour

»i43.tinypic.com/au8ldv.png

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
It is all within specs, so the problem isn't the signal levels. That said, it is pointing out that there is another issue either with the plant, or with the cabling on your property. Send a PM to SDLtech and see if he can look into it for you Monday

oonsub

reply to oonsub
»i40.tinypic.com/21s8id.png within and hour upstream power level went up 6

moldypickle

Haughton, LA
It's still inside specs, but get ahold of SDLtech like I mentioned. He has the ability to look at the health of the network and hopefully track down what is causing the swings!

oonsub

reply to oonsub

Re: Down & Upstream Power Level Fluctuation and Pixelated Cable

^

oonsub

2 edits
reply to oonsub
Been watching closely for the past 2 days and in addition to the change in downstream and upstream power level the SNR of downstream 1&2 ranges from 36-39 while refreshing the page. Downstream 2 shows more correcteds/uncorrecteds than 1. I now you will say message that person, I have no response.

dhudson1984

join:2008-01-04
Charleston, WV
reply to oonsub
SDL L3Tech or any of the other approved people here on the forum try to visit at least once a day. Sometimes they're not able to and/or in the process of taking care of others before you. Please be patient and you'll be in touch soon.

oonsub

reply to oonsub
»www.pingtest.net/result/85479610.png

Now getting 1-5% packet loss to any server on Pingtest.

Can't figure out how to link any other way so FileDropper it is!

»www.filedropper.com/2061611929

^PingPlotter

moldypickle

Haughton, LA
Have you pm'd sdl tech?

longgone

join:2000-12-30
Culloden, WV
reply to oonsub
Hi oonsub.
Yes indeed... do yourself a huge favor, and do exactly like moldypickle and dhudson1984 have already suggested, as it is imperative that you contact SDL L3Tech a.s.a.p. for the support of those internet problems.

oonsub

I PMed him on Sunday night. Still waiting for a response. Everything I have posted in this thread I have also PMed to him, along with the thread link.

dhudson1984

Charleston, WV
reply to oonsub
oonsub, have you made contact with any of the higher level people yet?

oonsub

reply to oonsub
Nope

dhudson1984

Charleston, WV
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to oonsub
I'm assuming you're still experiencing the same unreliability? If he hasn't gotten back to you by now, must be pretty busy on his end. Try getting a hold of Shannon. She's a higher level rep. that can get the ball rolling for you with someone else. shannon@suddenlink.com

TurboNerd

join:2013-02-22
Clovis, NM
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to oonsub
Hey all guess who's back

Yup "all within specs" got that and "signals are good" affecting phone service and certain Digital TV channels.
turned out to be the drop they only tested and replaced after I refused to let them inside the house. Still wonder if the splitter cleaned it up and prevented them from seeing the bad drop.

But have them come out and check the drop. which is the last thing they wanted to replace.
"we start from the TV and work our way to the head end"

TurboNerd

join:2013-02-22
Clovis, NM
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to oonsub
since then it has been minimal fluctuation within +1 and -1 dbv and +1-1 of 36db down
upstream though has crept up from 38 to 40

Constant 20Mb/s on a 15Mb plan
They gave us a docsis 3 since the channel our old D2 bonded to was overloaded

Cant say weather or not the 30 or 50 plans are overloaded the plan is just fine for the parents.