elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Our great cell companies and how they "compete"

While they're busy trying to maintain shareholder value in the face of Verizon, and are spending a bundle lying to Canadians, this is what they are really about.

The TTC in Toronto put out a RFPQ to create a wireless network in their tunnels and stations.
Bell lowballed at 5.5m for a 20yr lease, while an Australian subsidiary bid 25.5m for the same. They obviously won.

Robellus won't talk to the winner.

“Rogers is not in discussions with BAI at this time,” a spokesperson said in response to a list of emailed questions.
“We aren’t participating in this project,” a Telus spokesperson noted.
As for Bell: “We are not working with any third parties on TTC coverage.”

Seems that if they can't have their cake to eat , they're not interested.

So pathetic.

»news.nationalpost.com/20 ··· -system/
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning

If Robellus forms a consortium to provide access, you can bet they'll try every trick in the book to exclude Wind, Mobilicity and Public Mobile (that is, if the new entrants survive).
Walter Dnes
join:2008-01-27
Thornhill, ON

Walter Dnes to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
So Robellus are to blame for no loudmouth #######s yapping on underground subway trains? For the first time ever, I respect Robellus... a litttle bit.

cybersaga
join:2011-12-19
Selby, ON

cybersaga to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

Bell lowballed at 5.5m for a 20yr lease, while an Australian subsidiary bid 25.5m for the same. They obviously won.

Wanna bet that Bell's going to go 20m overbudget?

I hate Bell.

Are Rogers and Telus not participating because they don't want to play nicely with Bell? Or because Bell is "not working with any third parties". I wouldn't put it past Bell to try to pull a monopoly on the TTC lines.