spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

GuruBob

@optonline.net

[OOL] Delayed e.mail???

Noticing that lots of times the email is out or delayed for long periods of time. Should I be documenting times and dates to get a refund pro rated or have internal tech look at? Anyone else seeing this problem over the last few months? NSA stuff maybe?

MxxCon

join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY
You will not get any money for "delayed" email. There is no guarantee on the speed of delivery.
Email is not a real time communication protocol.
--
[Sig removed by Administrator: signature can not exceed 20GB]

limegrass69
Here's my Posting tag

join:2008-05-28
reply to GuruBob
If you are really having an issue, you should call it in.

You could also complain to the NSA too.

RARPSL

join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY
reply to GuruBob
said by GuruBob :

Noticing that lots of times the email is out or delayed for long periods of time. Should I be documenting times and dates to get a refund pro rated or have internal tech look at? Anyone else seeing this problem over the last few months? NSA stuff maybe?

Email is a "best effort" service. Thus there is no promise of its speed or success - only that CV will attempt to deliver it as fast as it can. The promise of delivery ends for mail sent from CV once it has been handed off to a server designated for the addressee's ISP. In the case of mail sent TO a CV address, CV only has responsibility once the sender's ISP hands off the message - Email is a relay system where the message is passed from one Server (and ISP) to another. Just remember that there is little that can be done by CV before the message is initially handed off to the first CV server (ignoring the case where there is a connectivity problem where the server is not reachable from the Internet). Only once the message has been accepted does CV have a responsibility to pass the message from one CV server to another and eventual deliver it to your email box.

As to your keeping records or telling someone, I see no reason why you can not send that information to an internal CV tech for review. Unless they are told of the delays, they can not do anything about fixing the problem (assuming that they are not already aware of the issue).

Booost

@optonline.net
reply to GuruBob
I'm still waiting for Cablevision to delivery some email they lost in 2004. Anyway, take a look at the email headers to attempt to identify the cause of the delays. Post the full headers ("received by", et al) here if you need help.