share rss forum feed

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Netcong, NJ
reply to TrainBuff

[Billing] Re: New Surcharge

The people demand universal affordable "POTS", they can't get over "Ma" not taking care of them. What this "surcharge" does;

quote:
This new surcharge will recover a portion of the expenses Verizon incurs for the
relocation of its facilities that are in the public rights-of-way to prevent interference with street
repairs, public construction projects or other activities required for public health, safety or
convenience.
With less and less people using Verizon copper it is left to the few who remain to pay for moving said cable. Now in their wisdom NY State said charge everybody and not just those on copper.

Ah wireless, no cable, no poles, no linesmen, more money way less hassle.

TrainBuff
The New Haven Railroad
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Buffalo, NY
kudos:4

Besides being a Fios customer, I also have a Verizon wireless account. But will not drop my DV phone service. Depending where I am in my apartment, my cell phone will go from 4 bars to no signal and 4g to 3g. When we get hit during the winter with a snow storm. Forget it, can't get a signal anywhere.
What I like about NYS, we don't get new taxes, just new fees. Another money grab by Verizon, courtesy of the state.
--
Train Yourself To Relax...Ride The New Haven Railroad! Weather or No...Go New Haven!
The New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad Co.:1872-1968. Serving New York and the Great Industrial States of Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut

prisaz

join:2008-08-11
Germantown, MD
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

No local land line taxes on my phone bill with double play. (No Home Phone!) I have a FREE MicroCell from AT&T because I am in a poor coverage area inside my house, and outside on the front porch. Since my area is light yellow and almost white shown on their map, which has gotten worse over the six years I had been with AT&T wireless, my FREE MicroCell supports four devices, and plugs into My GREAT FiOS service. HA! Beat that FiOS supporting AT&T wireless!

somebodeez
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-24
here
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to batterup

said by batterup:

quote:
This new surcharge will recover a portion of the expenses Verizon incurs for the
relocation of its facilities that are in the public rights-of-way to prevent interference with street
repairs, public construction projects or other activities required for public health, safety or
convenience.

And years after the project is completed the charge will most likely continue.

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Netcong, NJ

said by somebodeez:

And years after the project is completed the charge will most likely continue.

It is not for one project it is for any public work project to come; so it is forever. Of course New York can deregulate "POTS", let Verizon remove the copper and set up that crap like they are doing on Fire Island.

This is a good topic; perhaps it should be moved to the main arena.