spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

davves

@sbcglobal.net

at&t now allows you to purchase your own equipment on FTTN

If you go to the ordering page for U-Verse, they give you the option for either $6/mo modem rental or $100 one time charge. This works on TV + HSI, and HSI only plans.

dragonman300

join:2011-03-02
Anaheim, CA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Time Warner Cable
·Dish Network
Umm nope, At&t let us purchase our RG for internet service since Uverse was deployed. So... Nothing new there
All I see is new redesign "ordering service" website.
--
Curious about Sprint improved 3G and growing 4G LTE network? Then check it out at www.s4gru.com

Paralel

join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US
kudos:4
reply to davves
Actually, for the TV/HSI combo it would be new, wouldn't it?

I don't think the option to purchase the gateway has ever been offered for bundles that included TV.

The price does seem unusually low for any of the gateways that handle IPTV. They definitely cost more than 100 dollars.

davves

@sbcglobal.net
reply to dragonman300
Click for full size
I'm talking about customers who are ordering both TV and internet. Previously TV and internet customers were forced to rent $6/mo, now they do not have to.

The owning of the modem of was previously only allowed for customers who ordered internet only.

crash58

join:2012-05-22
Clarksville, TN
reply to davves
Why would you want to own your WG? I've had uverse for a few years and I have had to replace the wg multiple times...I know it's another 6 bucks a month to rent but it seems well worth it since they will replace it if you have issues.

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
kudos:7
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Comcast
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to davves
I saw this yesterday. I don't think it's actually letting you choose. I believe it's just stating that you have two different possibilities. 1. $6 if internet is combined with TV 2. If not, $100 one time internet fee.

I say that because there's no way on the website to actually choose this.

Paralel

join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US
kudos:4
reply to davves
Yeah, Darkness is right. The wording on the site sucks, but I have no doubt it means that if you have TV service as well, you have to pay the $6 a month, or if you forgo TV service, you can buy the gateway.