uniqs

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
join:2000-09-13
Belen, NM

ironweasel

Premium Member

[RPG] Skyrim - How many hours have you logged?

You may recall that I was asking about the "play time" of Skyrim: Legendary Edition back during the Steam summer sale.

So far, I have 85 hours into the game according to Steam and I think I've managed to get as far as the 4th quest in the "main" storyline, but I've managed to become Harbinger of the Companions, leader of the Thieves guild, and I'm about halfway through the quests for the Dawnguard. Of course, I also have about 3 dozen other side quests in my log that I picked up from books, couriers, or just random people I encounter throughout the world. So far, I'm really impressed with the depth of the game, the lore behind it, and even the moral decisions that need to be made like do you stay a werewolf or become a vampire or do you join the Imperials or the Stormcloaks, and so on. It's nice to see that a single player RPG worth a damn still exists out there and that they aren't all WoW copies that must be played online.

On average, how long did it take you to "complete" the game or at least get the main Dragonborn storyline done?

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

I'm 87 hours in, level 48, and on the main quest "Diplomatic Immunity". Not even close to being done.

My journal is just packed with side quests right now.
kcrupp
join:2002-02-11
Allen Park, MI

kcrupp to ironweasel

to ironweasel
339 hours, but I've had it since it came out and have been through it several times with different characters.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to ironweasel

Premium Member

to ironweasel
Only 23 hours, I dropped it right after I bought it, and started over after the DLC went on sale during the summer time.

I'd kill for a Fallout (or similar game) that was this massive.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord

162... so far.
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO

me1212 to ironweasel

to ironweasel
192 hours, not sure if it correctly logged my time used with the skse launcher in offline mode though so it could be more. Beaten it 3 times and have had 8 different characters.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to ironweasel

Premium Member

to ironweasel
40 hours so far, level 12.

a2nxtcrav3r
Pokes People With Stick
Premium Member
join:2003-07-13
San Jose, CA

a2nxtcrav3r to ironweasel

Premium Member

to ironweasel
one playthrough 94 hours level 80+ almost maxed out on professions main storyline wise I believe to be 60% done

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to ironweasel

Premium Member

to ironweasel
Not sure how many hours, but I made it to level 25 and I completed the main story line. I think I just skipped out on a lot of the side stuff to get to the end.

Still seems like my most potent damage comes from Destruction Dual-Cast Lightning Bolt.

I've been working on my archery/sneak. I'd like to level up my one-handed, but my opponents are too strong for that and my armor is garbage.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to ironweasel

MVM

to ironweasel
I have been just running around finding all the words of power. Gotten through about 1/2 way on the main storyline. Total of about 80 hours.

I have built two houses so far, and I would like to build a couple more, but I am trying to finish Bioshock 2 first and then hit the last Bioshock before I pick this up again on a regular basis.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to ironweasel

Premium Member

to ironweasel
I just completed the Staff of Magnus quest last night. The part where you travel into Labrynthian has got to be my favorite dungeon yet.

So far, after crafting a full Daedric armor set, and a one handed war axe, I'm just destroying enemies now. Casters can still catch me off guard every once in awhile. But melee opponents get shit on. I've been using a Bow more often now, which is very cool.

Weasel
Premium Member
join:2001-12-03
Minnesota

Weasel to ironweasel

Premium Member

to ironweasel
A little over 100 so far.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to ironweasel

Premium Member

to ironweasel
I think I was in the 100-something range when I stopped playing.

I pretty much maxed out everything I could and just wasn't having any more fun since I went with the thief/assassin/archer build... everything would just die before it even spotted me. 1 shotting bosses got old, so I moved on. I think I wasn't even half way through the main quest when I stopped... but main quest be damned, it's irrelevant when I already owned the whole damn world.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I just finished the main quest line I had only thieves guild completed (the armor is awesome) I am on the Mages Guild questline and trying to do as many side quest as possible.

At some point I need to stop to level up my crafting stuff.

Edit: I am level 25.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to Ghastlyone

MVM

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

I just completed the Staff of Magnus quest last night. The part where you travel into Labrynthian has got to be my favorite dungeon yet.

So far, after crafting a full Daedric armor set, and a one handed war axe, I'm just destroying enemies now. Casters can still catch me off guard every once in awhile. But melee opponents get shit on. I've been using a Bow more often now, which is very cool.

I have a full Dragon bone armor set and I carry around a two handed hammer. I just destroy things that get in range of my attacks. Add into that the word of power that allows me to teleport to my enemies, and I am pretty much unstoppable. Last time I played I found a word of power and this skeleton mage boss came out of a coffin. This guy was as tough as heck, but my berserker ability allowed me to kill him in 3 hits.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord

Imho it sucks that the Daedric armor has better stats than the dragonbone armors... dragon apparel should be the ultimate shit in the Skyrim universe, imho.

What I like to do when starting a new character is I power level Alchemy, Enchanting and Smithing to 100, which makes everything a lot more enjoyable as far as I am concerned.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
Grand Rapids, MI

1 edit

Nightfall

MVM

said by TigerLord:

Imho it sucks that the Daedric armor has better stats than the dragonbone armors... dragon apparel should be the ultimate shit in the Skyrim universe, imho.

What I like to do when starting a new character is I power level Alchemy, Enchanting and Smithing to 100, which makes everything a lot more enjoyable as far as I am concerned.

I agree. I just like the look of the Dragonbone armor to be honest. I have a full set of Daedric armor in the chest in my house that I am going to put on when I need it. Right now, I don't need an edge at all. Especially when I am a mindless barbarian with a two handed weapon.

Another reason I use the dragonbone is that it is easier to make and the difference between the Daedric and Dragonbone armor sets is only about 30 points or so.

Woody79_00
I run Linux am I still a PC?
Premium Member
join:2004-07-08
united state

Woody79_00 to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
I have around 355 hours I think...I have had it since launch, infact i just started a new character last week...

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by Woody79_00:

I have around 355 hours I think...I have had it since launch, infact i just started a new character last week...

I was tempted to do this, but man, I don't know if I want to go back and do everything all over again. If I got to do things all over again though, I would make someone more based on magic. Its fun to run around with a barbarian and just kill things easily, but that gets old. Something with magic may be a fun diversion. Do I really want to dump 80 hours of progression for a new character though?

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
canada

EUS

Premium Member

Presently playing mage on master, but wearing light armor instead of mage outfit.
Getting my ass kicked all over the place.
I dare not look at hrs played, though summer always brings the average down, because it's so short where I live, I have to get all the sun I can.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to ironweasel

Premium Member

to ironweasel
I highly recommend you guys get the Sounds of Skyrim mod. Wilds & Dungeons.

It adds a bunch of background ambient sounds that just really add to the immersion.

They aren't out of place either, they put the perfect sounds in each area according to where you are and what monsters you're fighting.

Ryan
Premium Member
join:2001-03-03
Boston, MA

1 edit

Ryan to ironweasel

Premium Member

to ironweasel
Do you guys repeat quests or something? IDK I guess I don't know how to play skyrim or something. I did every weird quest I could find, some were pretty amusing I have to say.. I ended up getting right to the very end of the main quest line before I kind of stopped playing. I guess I didnt want to end the game for fear of missing out on sidequests that I may have missed, but I ended up getting sick of looking for those quests. If I remember correctly I think I only reached level 35?

IDK for me at least I found skyrim so frigging big I constantly found myself not sure what to do next.. I definitely had to have missed things

Just checked my hours.. Only 33... Guess I did it wrong..
kcrupp
Allen Park, MI

kcrupp to Ghastlyone

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

The part where you travel into Labrynthian has got to be my favorite dungeon yet.

Wait till you get to Blackreach.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to Ryan

MVM

to Ryan
said by Ryan:

Do you guys repeat quests or something? IDK I guess I don't know how to play skyrim or something. I did every weird quest I could find, some were pretty amusing I have to say.. I ended up getting right to the very end of the main quest line before I kind of stopped playing. I guess I didnt want to end the game for fear of missing out on sidequests that I may have missed, but I ended up getting sick of looking for those quests. If I remember correctly I think I only reached level 35?

IDK for me at least I found skyrim so frigging big I constantly found myself not sure what to do next.. I definitely had to have missed things

A lot of it is not only the quests, but all the words to find and so on. I love exploring and looking for the words of power. Then you have the expansions.

Skyrim really is an MMO done right. Can't wait to immerse myself back in this game when I am done with Bioshock Infinite.
kcrupp
Allen Park, MI

kcrupp to Ryan

to Ryan
said by Ryan:

I just started a new character (again) and I am at level 20. All I have completed so far are the thieves guild main questline and Dawnguard. That's it. Crafting moves you along quite fast. Buy leather and leather straps and make boots. Then sell the boots back. Things like that.

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium Member
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON

pnjunction to ironweasel

Premium Member

to ironweasel
160 for me. I played the main quest for a while and then like most I sunk a huge amount of time into mage, thief and brotherhood story lines and other side quests. Then when I went back to the main I was pretty underwhelmed by it. I think part of that is that I'd already spent 150 hours in the game and another part of it is that the ending of the Oblivion main quest was so much more memorable.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Nightfall

Premium Member

to Nightfall
said by Nightfall:

said by Ryan:

A lot of it is not only the quests, but all the words to find and so on. I love exploring and looking for the words of power. Then you have the expansions.

Skyrim really is an MMO done right. Can't wait to immerse myself back in this game when I am done with Bioshock Infinite.

This is what is so fun for me. I've managed to stay away from watching any Skyrim youtube videos that show secrets, etc. The fun for me is just simply exploring and discovering a new Shout, or cave, etc.
said by kcrupp:

Wait till you get to Blackreach.

I can imagine. There's a shit ton I haven't seen in this game yet.

Ryan
Premium Member
join:2001-03-03
Boston, MA

Ryan to ironweasel

Premium Member

to ironweasel
Yea maybe that's what my problem is, I never really roam. I guess I just figured side quests would eventually lead you to all the other side quests... I guess not? My other problem is crafting, I cant stand it.. Every rpg I've played I found it the most tedious boring thing so I never do it.. I think I attempted it in skyrim for a little bit then got fed up.

Taino
join:2010-10-15
Port Richey, FL

Taino to ironweasel

to ironweasel
Too many. Currently level 58 Archer/Thief combo. I spend most of my time in stealth, with a bow. I only recently went back and completed the main quest line so 175 hours?

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
join:2000-09-13
Belen, NM

ironweasel to Ryan

Premium Member

to Ryan
said by Ryan:

Yea maybe that's what my problem is, I never really roam. I guess I just figured side quests would eventually lead you to all the other side quests... I guess not? My other problem is crafting, I cant stand it.. Every rpg I've played I found it the most tedious boring thing so I never do it.. I think I attempted it in skyrim for a little bit then got fed up.

I come across a lot of side quests by talking to NPC's and going through all of their dialogue. Some of them just ramble on and on and others will give you a quest. Items are the same way...pick up something in a dungeon and sometimes it has a quest associated with it.