All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
WilsonW
join:2013-08-17

WilsonW to lowping

to lowping

Re: [Internet] Bell Internet keeps disconnecting

Tech told me he is going to change my connection to another port and see if that will help. Not sure what that means, he had to go to the street to do this.
lowping
join:2013-08-04

lowping

said by WilsonW:

Tech told me he is going to change my connection to another port and see if that will help. Not sure what that means, he had to go to the street to do this.

If he puts you on a 7330, it may solve your issue. But If you stay on a stinger, the only way to "fix" it seems to be a IPTV profile.

xsbell
join:2008-12-22
Canada

2 edits

xsbell

said by lowping:

If he puts you on a 7330, it may solve your issue. But If you stay on a stinger, the only way to "fix" it seems to be a IPTV profile.

It won't, same thing happens on 7330s unfortunately.

Changing the MTU might be a temp fix, but there's still an underlying issue with either the firmware, or the chipset itself.
lowping
join:2013-08-04

lowping

said by xsbell:

said by lowping:

Changing the MTU might be a temp fix, but there's still an underlying issue with either the firmware, or the chipset itself.

You've heard of people on 7330 having this issue ? As far as I remember, I didn't had any issue when switched to a 7330.
planiwa
join:2009-02-19
Toronto M5S

planiwa

FWIW, I monitored two sites for several days, one 7330 and one IKNS, for ICMP packet-length sensitivity. The results were similar.

It would be helpful to get more clarity on questions such as:

1. Which hardware is affected? -- 7330 and/or IKNS
2. What symptoms can we measure when the problem state is acute? -- can ping (reference host), but cannot do (what exactly).
3. What symptoms can we measure when the problem state is not yet acute? -- can ping short packets (eg 84) but not longer packets (eg 85) to reference hosts.
4. What interventions end the problem state? -- resync, but not re-PPP.
5. What fixes are known? -- IPTV or Interleaved.
6. What is known about the failure mechanism? -- MTU? Timing? Software "side-effect" errors?
7. How can the problem state be produced, easily, quickly, reliably?
8. Rigorously confirmed, reproducible, documented data on the above.

All of the above are perfectly amenable to collaborative efforts.

xsbell1
@184.151.63.x

xsbell1 to lowping

Anon

to lowping
said by lowping:

said by xsbell:

said by lowping:

You've heard of people on 7330 having this issue ? As far as I remember, I didn't had any issue when switched to a 7330.

Yup. My friend (also a Bell tech) just did his own 50/10 install and was having the same sync-no-surf issues. He gave himself a FibeTV profile and it hasn't happened since.
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805

There is a regular vdsl interleaved profile without having to use a fibetv interleaved profile. Interleaved profiles will reroute packets the are dropping and solve the sync no surf issue but interleaved isn't a fix all solution when there is a physical problem causing the packets to be dropped or lost. But it would probably fix your problem for now.