·AT&T Yahoo
·Verizon FiOS
·Metrocast Commun..
·localphone.com
·voip.ms
·AT&T DSL Service
reply to dimi1963

Re: STB Sharing

You will need to have a TV capable of decoding a DLNA signal directly or you will require some other sort of set-top box (or a PC) to use the HDHR Prime. I love the thing, but it was 350 out of pocket in startup costs (unit itself, plus PS3's to watch). I was fortunate because the LG TV we already had does DLNA and the kids already had 1 PS3, just needed one for the MBR.

--
---
U176

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
A $79 smart Sony Blu-ray player does DLNA.

dimi1963

join:2001-12-27
Union, NJ
reply to dev_null
I do have few devices capable (xbox360, WD Live, etc.). I found homerunHD Prime on B&H for $139

dev_null
Pithy tag line goes here.

join:2002-08-14
Boston, MA
reply to PJL
Not all Sony BR work, unfortunately. I have one that I can "play to" from WMP, but the DLNA implementation on it doesn't find anything in the HDHR "cable TV" folder (model BDP-S390). Which model do you use?
--
---
U176

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
I have a BDP-S390 and DLNA streaming from other sources work fine. Once the DLNA server is up, it needs to be authorized on the player in the network settings. Otherwise it will not appear in any list. At least that's what worked for me. I actually can stream from my DLNA server on my tablet, but had to add it to the authorized device list first. WMP did not require that addition.

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:18

(topic move) STB Sharing

Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all 2 followups to it), has been moved to a new topic .. »Sony model BDP-S390 sees HDHR but all folders are empty