share rss forum feed

jcremin

join:2009-12-22
Siren, WI
kudos:2
reply to Stavro

Re: Town ordinances violate OTARD, need advice

said by Stavro:

When the town takes down Dish and DirecTV dishes, they just yank them out of the roof, shingles and all, and toss it in the dumpster.

I don't see any way that can be legal. Ordinance violations need hearings. They can't just trespass on someone's property and steal shit. If there is imminent danger to residents, it becomes a public safety issue, and then exceptions are made, but for a simple antenna, I don't see how any town could legally step foot onto the property and then cause excessive damage without a public hearing process.

I get the feeling that this town is either breaking the law big time, or you're simply exaggerating beyond anything believable. Unless the residents are just too scared to stand up for themselves, I have a hard time imagining that what you're saying is really true.

Stavro

join:2013-08-17

said by jcremin:

Ordinance violations need hearings. They can't just trespass on someone's property and steal shit.

They do have hearings. The problem is that if someone doesn't show up for the hearing due to the notice being lost in the mail, the town wins by default unless the homeowner goes to court.

»www.risingsunmd.org/department/?fDD=16-0

funkyfelty
Armament For Peace

join:2002-10-01
Lebanon, PA

1 edit

I say put them up. I work for a wireless company, and let me tell you, we have put up stuff all over MD. Go look at the local govt & school buildings. You will find antennas on top of a lot of them.

That whole county was once connected by all wireless. Some of the sites are still on wireless because the fiber has not been completed yet.

Also, here is the FCC Consumer Guide for OTARD
»transition.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerf···dish.pdf