uniqs
lowping
join:2013-08-04

lowping to xsbell

to xsbell

Re: [Internet] Bell Internet keeps disconnecting

said by xsbell:

said by lowping:

If he puts you on a 7330, it may solve your issue. But If you stay on a stinger, the only way to "fix" it seems to be a IPTV profile.

It won't, same thing happens on 7330s unfortunately.

Changing the MTU might be a temp fix, but there's still an underlying issue with either the firmware, or the chipset itself.

You've heard of people on 7330 having this issue ? As far as I remember, I didn't had any issue when switched to a 7330.
planiwa
join:2009-02-19
Toronto M5S

planiwa

FWIW, I monitored two sites for several days, one 7330 and one IKNS, for ICMP packet-length sensitivity. The results were similar.

It would be helpful to get more clarity on questions such as:

1. Which hardware is affected? -- 7330 and/or IKNS
2. What symptoms can we measure when the problem state is acute? -- can ping (reference host), but cannot do (what exactly).
3. What symptoms can we measure when the problem state is not yet acute? -- can ping short packets (eg 84) but not longer packets (eg 85) to reference hosts.
4. What interventions end the problem state? -- resync, but not re-PPP.
5. What fixes are known? -- IPTV or Interleaved.
6. What is known about the failure mechanism? -- MTU? Timing? Software "side-effect" errors?
7. How can the problem state be produced, easily, quickly, reliably?
8. Rigorously confirmed, reproducible, documented data on the above.

All of the above are perfectly amenable to collaborative efforts.

xsbell1
@184.151.63.x

xsbell1 to lowping

Anon

to lowping
said by lowping:

said by xsbell:

said by lowping:

If he puts you on a 7330, it may solve your issue. But If you stay on a stinger, the only way to "fix" it seems to be a IPTV profile.

It won't, same thing happens on 7330s unfortunately.

Changing the MTU might be a temp fix, but there's still an underlying issue with either the firmware, or the chipset itself.

You've heard of people on 7330 having this issue ? As far as I remember, I didn't had any issue when switched to a 7330.

Yup. My friend (also a Bell tech) just did his own 50/10 install and was having the same sync-no-surf issues. He gave himself a FibeTV profile and it hasn't happened since.
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805

There is a regular vdsl interleaved profile without having to use a fibetv interleaved profile. Interleaved profiles will reroute packets the are dropping and solve the sync no surf issue but interleaved isn't a fix all solution when there is a physical problem causing the packets to be dropped or lost. But it would probably fix your problem for now.