Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

1 recommendation

hobgoblin to Racerbob

Premium Member

to Racerbob

Re: [TV] Fox Sports 1 & 2 will be on TWC on the 17th after all

I met Greg at Martinsville many years ago when he was a Rookie in trucks. He was such a nice guy I have been following him ever since.

Hob

Racerbob
Premium Member
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
·Frontier FiberOp..

Racerbob

Premium Member

He is a heck of a driver Hob. So much depends on being in the right situation and having the right crew and crew chief behind you in this sport. I have the utmost admiration for all of these guys. People think that they just drive around in circles all afternoon long. We know differently. I have a close friend who is retired who does not miss a Martinsville race. He has been going there forever. We used to hang at Dover every June. I was there when it was still asphalt and Derrike Cope won in the Purolator car. Fun times.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

1 recommendation

hobgoblin

Premium Member

I have been to Dover twice, Martinsville twice and I will go to Bristol before I turn up my toes. You are right its a total team sport and I am very big on teamwork, unlike some.

Hob

Racerbob
Premium Member
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
·Frontier FiberOp..

1 recommendation

Racerbob

Premium Member

My group leader at work is going this week for the first time. He has been to Richmond (one track that I would love to go to) also. I almost like watching races at Richmond now a days more than Bristol. Somehow concrete has changed the track and the racing there...the same thing at Dover. But, I will still be glued to the screen this week. Truck race is Weds. night on FS1 ! Glad that we have it.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

A Marketing guy I used to work with is part of the Kasey Kahne TWC hookup. I do enjoy seeing that car!

Hob