spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

NoLongerTSI

join:2013-08-18

2 edits

[Cable] Paid Teksavvy $210 on August 2nd. Still no internet.

I originally called in on August 2nd and was told August 8th the internet would be activated. I called back August 9th after an hour hold I was told it is actually the 10th, 11th or 12th it will be installed. I called the 13th, waited 40 minutes to get through, put on hold for half hour and was told they reached out to the vendor again and the dates are now 15th, 16th and 17th. We are now almost on the 19th and nothing. How do they not know the service was not installed? Why am I having to call them to follow up every time?

Teksavvy has apologized for the inconvenience. I have been with Teksavvy for about 6 years now. Not sure what is going on. This particular circumstance has become very unfortunate. The entire reason I have changed to cable is because the DSL has been performing below what it should as of lately. I have had to go to McDonalds to connect to my work server to finish projects. I believe the DSL issue is rooted with Bell though and not Teksavvy. I am trying to be understanding so I could support the independent ISP known as Teksavvy.

I have already paid my credit card bill with the Teksavvy charge for the service yet I have not received it and have waited a total of over 4 hours on the phone when talking to Teksavvy. How long should I wait before I should consider this unreasonable? What can I do? I am tired of driving to Mcdonalds to do my work.. Did not think something like this would happen with Teksavvy.

NoLongerTSI

1 edit

Teksavvy advertises "Sign up and have internet within a few days."

On the FAQ portion of their website, regarding activation it says:

How long does it take to activate service?

It takes a minimum of 5 business days, and sometimes as long as 15 days, to activate service after payment has been received.

mlord

join:2006-11-05
Nepean, ON
kudos:13
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

Call your credit card company, and have them cancel the charges. Contact Teksavvy (the "Teksavvy Direct" tab on the topic listing page is way better than sitting on telephone hold for hours) and tell them that, and cancel "service". Then google around for a better provider, or just sign up with Rogers.

Montreal DSL

join:2011-02-02
Montreal-DSL
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to NoLongerTSI

Just ask them to cancel the account and you will receive your money back (you can post in the Direct forum). Expect long activation delays with other IISPs as well. If you want faster activation, go with Rogers

TSI Support2
TSI Support
Premium
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON
reply to NoLongerTSI

Hi NoLongerTSI...

Please contact us on the direct form, we would like to look into this and help.

»TekSavvy Direct

Thanks,

Stavros

NoLongerTSI

1 edit
reply to NoLongerTSI

Thank you for the responses.

I posted in the direct forum. I have contacted Teksavvy via the online chat option and was told that they will have to escalate it. They have escalated this issue for the 3rd time now. I have also called in and have been told the dates are now the 24th, 25th and 26th. I was told to call back in if it is not installed... After requesting some sort of remuneration for the run around with the cable install and the inconvenience for the existing slow DSL, the manager informed me they could provide 25% of one of my monthly fee's of $32.95. So roughly $8. In addition he offered to provide a full month credit. He was very polite and sounded like he was doing what he could to remedy the situation. Unfortunately, the install is in the hands of the cable provider and Teksavvy cannot speed that up other than requesting an escalation. I am just disappointed at this point in the amount of time I have to wait without internet.

bighornsheep

join:2013-08-17
Markham, ON

Dude, I've been waiting since July 23. Still not Internet for me.

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·MegaPath

You can always reverse charges back by contacting the issuing bank of your debit/credit card. Visa/Master Card/Discover/AMEX would all at that point consider services not offered and would refund your money. TK would have had to set up a refund/return policy when agreeing to accept credit/debit cards and have to have everything in writing up front. So at this point; the banks should agree with you.

TSILiz
Premium
join:2012-08-20
kudos:6
reply to NoLongerTSI

I have responded to the message in the direct forum. I'm sorry to see that our vendor's delays are directly affecting you and as mentioned in my post I appreciate you giving us the chance to remedy this issue. We will be in contact as soon as we have word from our vendor.

Liz

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to TBBroadband

said by TBBroadband:

You can always reverse charges back by contacting the issuing bank of your debit/credit card. Visa/Master Card/Discover/AMEX would all at that point consider services not offered and would refund your money. TK would have had to set up a refund/return policy when agreeing to accept credit/debit cards and have to have everything in writing up front. So at this point; the banks should agree with you.

That's twice I see you posting this. This is not an advised course of action and will almost surely cause you more problems. We don't have problems refunding people where it's warranted...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

daeron

join:2012-05-11
Ottawa
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by TSI Marc:

said by TBBroadband:

That's twice I see you posting this. This is not an advised course of action and will almost surely cause you more problems. We don't have problems refunding people where it's warranted...

Also seems odd that he's an owner of a US only ISP yet is posting in here.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1

American posters see the TekSavvy threads as hot topics and then post often without knowing anything about how the system in Canada works. They often assume TekSavvy is akin to the incumbents and just out to scam people. :\

NoLongerTSI

reply to NoLongerTSI

Aside from the aggravation and inconvenience with this entire circumstance, I am impressed with how many TSI members are willing to help. Although I feel frustrated with the fact that Teksavvy has no recourse to remedy the situation at the moment, except for the small credit they offered, I am beginning to see how the large companies, such as Rogers, treat Teksavvy and in turn customers of Teksavvy like myself.

Is there someone that can confirm that the issue here is Rogers and not the presumed disorganization of Teksavvy?

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24

I can. Let me just read up on your account and I will confirm exactly who is at fault.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

1 edit
reply to NoLongerTSI

Hi there,

So I reviewed your account and from what I can tell this is largely caused by Rogers delays. We simply had just not received a confirmation by your tentative install date or for any of the escalations we have sent them to date.

Now, I did say "largely" because I do think we could have done things better, however even if we could have done "those" things better, we wouldn't be anywhere different due to the response delays from Rogers.

Here is the items we could have done better IMO:

1) We could have followed up more thoroughly on your escalation procedure. Once the first escalation was sent, if there is no response after 24 hours, we can send it to the next tier. (These are as delayed as receiving confirmation updates)

2) We should have reminded you that your active DSL account with us was being charged another month yesterday so we could have perhaps delayed the billing on that while we await resolution for cable.

3) We should had notified you at the time you placed the order that the responses were delayed so you could have expected it.

We are currently piloting a new process internally which will allow us to be more proactively communicative with our customers which will address the issues experienced in Point 1 & Point 2. We also recently sent out a communication to our associates to ensure they are being 100% upfront about delays at the time of the order so that customers understand there may be some delays so it does surprise anyone. This will address point 3.

All and all, I think that we could have been better in communicating to you as to what was going on. It wouldn't of put us in any better position to provide you that Cable installation due to the delays but I think it would have been much easier on you to know that we are on top of things rather than you being left in the dark.

Ashleigh, Liz & I have talked about your account a few times today and we are keeping an eye on it like a hawk. Come tomorrow, if there is no update on the second tier escalation, we will send it to the third.

Regards,

Andre

TLS2000
Crazy Canuck
Premium
join:2004-02-24
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to NoLongerTSI

Why do people always jump in and tell people to do a chargeback? Why not tell them to ask for a refund?

Credit card companies are on the consumer's side, but when you initiate chargebacks for minor things on a regular basis, you WILL lose their support.

I've seen TSI give refunds a few times in threads such as this one. They offer them if needed. I expect that they'll issue a refund in this case if the customer opts for that.
--
Tom

NoLongerTSI

reply to NoLongerTSI

Aside from the aggravation and inconvenience with this entire circumstance, I am impressed with how many TSI members are willing to help. Although I feel frustrated with the fact that Teksavvy has no recourse to remedy the situation at the moment, except for the small credit they offered, I am beginning to see how the large companies, such as Rogers, treat Teksavvy and in turn customers of Teksavvy like myself.

Is there someone that can confirm that the issue here is Rogers and not the presumed disorganization of Teksavvy?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

there is no disorganization on our side.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

NoLongerTSI

2 edits
reply to NoLongerTSI

Re: Cable providers Cogeco and Rogers to Blame, NOT Teksavvy

Thank you, Andre and all the staff at TSI who have jumped on this! I see that Teksavvy genuinely cares to resolve this. Yesterday, however, I felt as if my order was lost or forgotten about because of careless management of the file. Clearly I was wrong. I was originally concerned that the problem was caused by TSI staff improperly going through the process on their end or not at all requesting the escalation. Now that I have been briefed on the situation from the internal side I am not as frustrated as I was prior. I can see the issue is the cable provider. The minor improvements you mention Teksavvy could have made still would not have sped up this process, as you already stated, so as far as I am concerned, you guys are great. It is unfortunate that these companies in which the independents rely on for the infrastructure still jerk the small guys around and in turn can give you guys a poor rep.

In regards to the posts about requesting the credit card company doing a charge back: I can appreciate the help you are providing. I know that route can be very helpful in circumstances where the vendor is making themselves unavailable and refuses to provide the service in which you paid for; however, in this particular circumstance I would have waited until after I attempted to resolve the issue with TSI and they not only failed to provide a recourse but they also ignored me. At that point I would wait a month and then ask for a refund. If they refuse to or ignore me then at that point only would I consider alternative options.

As you can tell from the entire thread, Teksavvy has responded very quickly and I know they are doing the best they can to provide what I paid for. They have also kindly offered to provide a refund at this point. Since the issue is with cable provider I do not think it is fair to ask for a refund.

Lastly, what other ISP has their CEO spending the time to go on these forums and talk to customers? Kudos to that very much appreciated gesture.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Re: [Cable] Paid Teksavvy $210 on August 2nd. Still no internet.

thank you. much appreciated. we're working very hard. really sorry we cant do better atm.. hopefully it will improve soon. we are told that it will.. not trying to lay blame.. we just want it to improve..
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Poser

join:2002-07-28
reply to NoLongerTSI

Once you get things up and running its smooth sailing from there. Your choice, but Teksavvy was great to me when I was getting started.

mrdylanblue

join:2013-02-27
Brampton, ON

Same for me (although, I'm no longer with tek). I will say however, they are very good at handling refunds or even billing mistakes.

martyb

join:2013-05-18
Wemindji, QC
reply to NoLongerTSI

said by NoLongerTSI:

Lastly, what other ISP has their CEO spending the time to go on these forums and talk to customers? Kudos to that very much appreciated gesture.

I don't suppose that if you choose to stay with them that you will be able to change your username to something else?

mlord

join:2006-11-05
Nepean, ON
kudos:13
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to NoLongerTSI

said by NoLongerTSI:

what other ISP has their CEO spending the time to go on these forums and talk to customers?

Most of them (Canadian, that is), actually. Except for Goliaths like B, R, V, and T.

corster
Premium
join:2002-02-23
Gatineau, QC
reply to TLS2000

said by TLS2000:

Why do people always jump in and tell people to do a chargeback? Why not tell them to ask for a refund?

Credit card companies are on the consumer's side, but when you initiate chargebacks for minor things on a regular basis, you WILL lose their support.

I've seen TSI give refunds a few times in threads such as this one. They offer them if needed. I expect that they'll issue a refund in this case if the customer opts for that.

Exactly. There are many valid reasons to file a chargeback. Doing so because you don't feel like resolving the issue with the merchant isn't one of them.

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
reply to mlord

Allstream (which usually doesn't do residental)...

Almost have B R A V __ missing a company starting with O haha
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

BTC Kevin

join:2011-10-01
Nepean, ON
kudos:1

TSI ain't disorganized, is mostly Rogers that takes a week just to tie their own shoe laces.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to NoLongerTSI

Hi NoLongerTSI,

Please check the direct thread.

Andre

NoLongerTSI

So the reason there was a delay was Teksavvy sent the order out to Rogers instead of Cogeco. So, Rogers,instead of pointing out to Teksavvy that Rogers does not provide service in that area, they ignored it. Anyways, Teksavvy got a hold of Cogeco and requested an expedited install. Because cogeco was not backed up like Rogers, they did not have a problem setting up an install for 5 days later.

Internet was installed on the 23rd. According to the install guy everything was good. Our internet connection has been dropping out every so often so I called in and they determined the return path power was below spec. They said someone from Teksavvy would call that day. No one has called so I attempted to call back every day since but because Teksavvy has an overwhelming amount of calls coming in because of the service outages, I am on hold for about hour and then disconnected or I request a call back which for some reason my cell phone blocks. I am just hoping to have this return path power brought up to spec.

Secondly, Teksavvy offered the one month credit plus 25% of one month (so a month and a quarter) because of the 21 day delay for activation. We were also offered another one month credit by another agent because they found out the root of the problem with the delay was Teksavvy mistakenly sending an order to Rogers instead of Cogeco. Teksavvy also accidentally charged us for DSL (you pay one month in advance for your services) for another month which brings the amount of DSL service paid for to September 23rd, even though we cancelled it september 23rd. So they offered a credit for this over charge as well. So we should be receiving 3 month credits (2 for the service problems and 1 for the DSL overcharge) plus 25% of one month. So far I have not seen these.

I am messaging Teksavvy through this forum because I cannot get through by phone. I am currently on hold and have been for an hour, before that I was on hold for an hour as well but was disconnected. I also tried emailing Teksavvy through their website but have not heard a response. My son had his cable internet installed at his house this week and although the connection is not dropping out, his return path power is also weak and cannot reach Teksavvy.

Any help from Teksavvy would be great. Thanks again in advance guys!

TSI Jon
Premium
join:2011-08-24
canada
kudos:10

Hi NoLongerTSI,

I see on your account that someone spoke to you yesterday but you weren't able to confirm and were going to check in with your son to see if the connection was better. I'm sorry you are not able to reach us this evening, it has been quite a busy day. I won't be able to have someone contact you this evening as our queues are very busy and it's pretty much all hands on deck. Could you let me know a best time that I can have someone contact you most likely tomorrow and maybe PM me which phone number that you would like to be reached at? I will set that up for you first thing in the morning.

Thank you,

TSI Jonathan
--
Online Experience Manager
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.