Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
Woo Hoo!

NoConn

@rogers.com
That's great but how about fixing what's not working first?

Ashrafz

join:2013-08-14
Mississauga, ON
reply to TSI Marc
thats awesome! Can't wait for the 150!

hehe77

@cogentco.com
reply to TSI Marc
Awesome, 45mb change order submitted!

Thanks Marc!

gardener28

join:2013-08-19
Mississauga, ON
reply to TSI Marc
Nice, submitted the 25mb change order last Friday.
Finger crossed.

Optional

join:2012-02-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

1 edit
reply to TSI Marc
Pretty excited here on wolfdale.... I have a horrible feeling the speed change requests are gunna take forever

So how will I know when my upgrade has gone through, other than speed checking every day when I wake up and before I go to bed o_o

DrZEUS

join:2004-01-13
Mississauga, ON
reply to TSI Marc
I cant see the new speeds on the teksavvy website. Where is this 45 and 25 plan you guys speak of?

deal1

join:2010-12-27
Mississauga
reply to Optional
said by Optional:

Pretty excited here on wolfdale.... I have a horrible feeling the speed change requests are gunna take forever

So how will I know when my upgrade has gone through, other than speed checking every day when I wake up and before I go to bed o_o

but you're going to do this anyhow!

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON
kudos:1
reply to NoConn
said by NoConn :

Exactly I work for a huge company and I don't know why we don't get every single person in the company working on every issue that comes up, they'd get resolved way faster except for that's not how things work at all.

Optional

Mississauga, ON
reply to TSI Marc
I'm doing it all the time, you're not wrong lol. But I'd like some official word of what happens, will I get another email? Will my router restart? Etc

dub16v

join:2006-02-24
z9z9z9
reply to TSI Marc
Anyone else seeing performance issues tonight since the switch?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
said by dub16v:

Anyone else seeing performance issues tonight since the switch?

I replied to you here dub: »Re: [Cable] Slow speeds on rCable
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Webslingerac

join:2004-05-01
canada
reply to pnjunction
said by pnjunction:

said by NoConn :

Exactly I work for a huge company and I don't know why we don't get every single person in the company working on every issue that comes up, they'd get resolved way faster except for that's not how things work at all.

So your company keeps adding stuff without fixing a prominent pre-existing issue until nothing works at all and the majority of your customers are affected negatively too. That's awesome!

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
said by Webslingerac:

So your company keeps adding stuff without fixing a prominent pre-existing issue until nothing works at all and the majority of your customers are affected negatively too. That's awesome!

Let me fix that for you ...

Rogers keeps adding TPIA stuff without fixing a prominent pre-existing issue until nothing works at all and the majority of your customers are affected negatively too. That's awesome!

The probable goal to make people wish they were with Rogers and change back!

Optional

Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
said by sbrook:

said by Webslingerac:

Rogers keeps adding TPIA stuff without fixing a prominent pre-existing issue until nothing works at all and the majority of your customers are affected negatively too. That's awesome!

You hit the nail on the head, been saying this for weeks. It's a ploy, to get people to come back.

derek_x

join:2010-11-23
Thornhill, ON
reply to TSI Marc
If Wolfedale is completed when will I be able to see increase in speed? Also, how long before Teksavvy gives me free upgrade option in 'My World' section? Right now I'm seeing downgrade options - speed wise - in the upgrade package drop down menu...

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
said by derek_x:

If Wolfedale is completed when will I be able to see increase in speed? Also, how long before Teksavvy gives me free upgrade option in 'My World' section? Right now I'm seeing downgrade options - speed wise - in the upgrade package drop down menu...

If you could post your details in the »TekSavvy Direct forum, we can see about adding you to the list of qualified users.

Regards,
Martin
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

deal1

Mississauga
»geocoder.ca/?freedata=1

1) download an uptodate postal codes,
2) extract the Mississauga ones,
3) load into MyWorld,
4) profit.

EHTL

join:2002-10-31
Canada
reply to TSI Martin
said by TSI Martin:

said by derek_x:

If you could post your details in the »TekSavvy Direct forum, we can see about adding you to the list of qualified users.

Regards,
Martin

derek_k's question was not answered, when can we see the speed upgrade in Mississauga? I have already submitted the upgrade request via Myworld and got confirmation from your sales dept.

Thanks

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
You don't really want those speed upgrades until this problem is sorted ...

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
reply to EHTL
said by EHTL:

derek_k's question was not answered, when can we see the speed upgrade in Mississauga? I have already submitted the upgrade request via Myworld and got confirmation from your sales dept.

Wolfedale has been completed as per »[Cable] ATPIA - Migration Schedule UPDATED August 19th
If he isn't seeing the new plans, he won't be able to upgrade. Which in other words, his postal code needs to be added to the list that qualifies.
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

Webslingerac

join:2004-05-01
canada

1 edit
reply to sbrook

said by sbrook See Profile

So, you're saying no one at Teksavvy is able to make Rogers stop migrating POIs?

quote:

Yeah, frankly, I have a hard time believing Rogers (or any incumbent) is so incompetent to have not done this on purpose.

Gwai Lo Dan

join:2007-01-24
L5B 0C8
reply to TSI Martin
said by TSI Martin:

If he isn't seeing the new plans, he won't be able to upgrade. Which in other words, his postal code needs to be added to the list that qualifies.

What does that mean exactly? WHO needs to add his postal code? When? I checked for my postal code (beside Square One) and it doesn't show the upgraded speeds either.

TLS2000
Crazy Canuck
Premium
join:2004-02-24
Mississauga, ON
They need people who are now on ATPIA who don't see the new speeds to give their postal codes so that the can fix their database.

kpamir

join:2011-01-30
Mississauga, ON
reply to TSI Marc
I've called in twice to get an upgrade and both times have been told that "my specific region" hasn't been upgraded.

If wolfedale was upgraded on the 19th then I should have the speeds no?

postal code is l5a4p1.

Gwai Lo Dan

join:2007-01-24
L5B 0C8
reply to TLS2000
said by TLS2000:

They need people who are now on ATPIA who don't see the new speeds to give their postal codes so that the can fix their database.

TSI: L5B 0C8 (about 3-4 km from the Rogers building on Wolfdale) isn't coming up as qualifying for new speeds.

deal1

Mississauga
reply to TLS2000
said by TLS2000:

Forcing customers to do this sort of thing is one thing that contributes to their call center wait times being so long. They also can't blame Rogers for this.

We signed up via TekSavvy and supplied our address and postal code. They should merge that data into their MyWorld app in one shot versus waiting for customers to call in one by one...

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
said by deal1:

said by TLS2000:

Forcing customers to do this sort of thing is one thing that contributes to their call center wait times being so long. They also can't blame Rogers for this.

We signed up via TekSavvy and supplied our address and postal code. They should merge that data into their MyWorld app in one shot versus waiting for customers to call in one by one...

well. actually. we can.

the data we use.. comes from rogers. it's full of bad data.

the boundaries of each POI keeps changing and we have no way to know... it's not as simple as saying "all of Mississauga" because that's not how it's cut up...

once everything is migrated to aggregated.. we should be in a better position to have this fixed since it wont matter any more what POI you're on.. only if you're serviced by rogers or not... since we have access to their entire footprint... until that happens. all we can order on the legacy POIs are the older speeds.. so we have to keep track...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
reply to deal1
said by deal1:

Of course they can: Rogers is the one providing the list of eligible postal codes since TSI has no way of obtaining that information for themselves since that would require having insider knowledge of Rogers' outside-plant layout and how they are managed within individual head-ends/POIs.

If a postal code isn't in TSI's database, it most likely means it wasn't in what Rogers sent to TSI so TSI needs those codes to double-check them with Rogers before adding them.