jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck to TOPDAWG

to TOPDAWG

Re: Bhell and smell of desperation

said by TOPDAWG:

am I missing something? the price for 25/10 unlimted is not bad at all. sucks on the 8 month contract however.

yeah, it's great for most students tho.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG

Premium Member

yeah I'm missing the OP's issue here. looks like a nice plan to me and to be honest better than tek and other 3rd parties could give you as a student. No dry loop fee as most students will have a cell not home phone and no hook up fee at least I don't think.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
Ottawa, ON

jmck

i don't even understand what is circled.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG

Premium Member

guessing that is the sales guy number you state when you call in so he gets credit for the sale. I'll guess you have to state that number to sign up so bell can tell how well a sales person is doing and then look at what area he is in that day for stats.
daeron
join:2012-05-11
Ottawa

daeron to jmck

to jmck
said by jmck:

said by TOPDAWG:

am I missing something? the price for 25/10 unlimted is not bad at all. sucks on the 8 month contract however.

yeah, it's great for most students tho.

I'm not even seeing an 8 month contract though. At the bottom it says no contract or activation.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG

Premium Member

oh yeah good eye well then as a student this plan is forking great if you ask me.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
Ottawa, ON

jmck

said by TOPDAWG:

oh yeah good eye well then as a student this plan is forking great if you ask me.

i think the only thing that 'sucks' is after 8 months you get the regular price, but i think most will likely cancel/move which is the point of this. sadly Bell will just start charging more if they keep it beyond the school year.
dmitry_tek
join:2010-01-14

dmitry_tek to jmck

to jmck
said by jmck:

It was the contact info of the annoying Bell reprentative, I removed it. :P

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
Ottawa, ON

jmck

said by dmitry_tek:

said by jmck:

It was the contact info of the annoying Bell reprentative, I removed it. :P

oh, i was pretty confused what you were trying to show with this image, i assumed you had circled something obvious that I was supposed to notice but saw nothing.
dmitry_tek

dmitry_tek to TOPDAWG

to TOPDAWG
said by TOPDAWG:

Not really. Most students take more than 2 semesters of education. Where would they go after 8 months? It makes more sense to just go with one of the resellers from the start.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
Ottawa, ON

jmck

said by dmitry_tek:

said by TOPDAWG:

Not really. Most students take more than 2 semesters of education. Where would they go after 8 months? It makes more sense to just go with one of the resellers from the start.

they go back home with their parents. these types of deals are targeted to the ones who are only living on their own for 8 months.
dmitry_tek

dmitry_tek

said by jmck:

said by dmitry_tek:

said by TOPDAWG:

they go back home with their parents. these types of deals are targeted to the ones who are only living on their own for 8 months.

Those who only study for 8 months are tiny percentage of all students. Most people go for full 2-3(college), 4+(university) years. I am pretty sure those are targeted at those who are planning to use their internet for more than 8 months. They lure you in with "low" prices and then charge you like crazy after 8 months.

Also, when I was in school most people just rented apartments on the campus that 99.99% of the time included the fast internet connection + many campuses have wifi mesh networks.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
Ottawa, ON

jmck

the ones living with their parents already have internet access tho. this is just a promo that's targeting university kids that live on their own for the 8 months.

Bell isn't the only one doing this, Rogers has the same 8 month promo, and they end in the summer when most are on summer vacation.

In Ottawa there used to be Edunet (maybe still around?) which was an organization that went around looking for a special university/college plan which only lasted 8 months, after that it went to the regular rate.

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds to dmitry_tek

Premium Member

to dmitry_tek
These seem to be standard student plans, but the least 'nice' that I have seen...

Yes 8 months, September to May, 4 months off during the summmer, and then a new promo the next fall.

One year at a time... Bell won't know who is going to be a student next year, or the year after that