Crazy Canuck
Premium
join:2004-02-24
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to NoLongerTSI

Re: [Cable] Paid Teksavvy $210 on August 2nd. Still no internet.

Why do people always jump in and tell people to do a chargeback? Why not tell them to ask for a refund?

Credit card companies are on the consumer's side, but when you initiate chargebacks for minor things on a regular basis, you WILL lose their support.

I've seen TSI give refunds a few times in threads such as this one. They offer them if needed. I expect that they'll issue a refund in this case if the customer opts for that.
--
Tom

corster
Premium
join:2002-02-23
Gatineau, QC

said by TLS2000:

Why do people always jump in and tell people to do a chargeback? Why not tell them to ask for a refund?

Credit card companies are on the consumer's side, but when you initiate chargebacks for minor things on a regular basis, you WILL lose their support.

I've seen TSI give refunds a few times in threads such as this one. They offer them if needed. I expect that they'll issue a refund in this case if the customer opts for that.

Exactly. There are many valid reasons to file a chargeback. Doing so because you don't feel like resolving the issue with the merchant isn't one of them.