spc
Search similar:

uniqs

wasHighwire
@teksavvy.com

wasHighwire

Anon

[Cable] 13 days for a speed change, and counting

I made the request on August 6, received the "processed" e-mail on August 10, and I'm still waiting to be upgraded from 28/1 to 35/3 on the Fallowfield POI on August 19. People on the Richmod POI, which was switched to ATPIA on August 12 have already been upgraded. I find this aggravating, and TSI just keeps telling me to be more patient - this time, wait until Wednesday. Argh.

Optional
join:2012-02-26
Mississauga, ON

Optional

Maybe you should wait until the "10-15" business days are up before you complain to tsi...At least your internet is working. Just go about your business and wait for it to happen.

#firstworldproblems

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to wasHighwire

Premium Member

to wasHighwire
There are certainly delays from Rogers and it is frustrating.

Perhaps you can post in the direct forum and depending on where things are at, we can escalate the request. Escalating it will not necessarily mean it will be done faster because of the delays but we can certainly try.

Please make sure to reference this post when posting on the direct.

Andre
YYZSavvy
join:2012-11-27
North York, ON

YYZSavvy

I know it sounds silly, but have you tried restarting your router?

I had the same complaint you had about a speed upgrade. After posting on the direct forum, a helpful TSI rep let me know that the speed change had already happened and that I just needed to restart my modem for the change to occur. The rep apologized that I had not received notice and I am happily chugging along at 150mbps now.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx to Optional

Premium Member

to Optional
said by Optional:

Maybe you should wait until the "10-15" business days are up before you complain to tsi...At least your internet is working. Just go about your business and wait for it to happen.

#firstworldproblems

You know this isn't twitter right? lol

That said, if you're going to reference first world problems to his post then just about EVERY complaint on these forums are a joke compared to real problems.

StillWaiting
@209.141.182.x

StillWaiting to TSI Andre

Anon

to TSI Andre
It isn't Rogers only. I've been waiting months now for my speed change. After bringing up the issue again 3-4 weeks ago to Teksavvy, it still hasn't been completed. I was given a credit and that was very nice, but things have just become ridiculous at this point.
cssoz2
join:2013-07-24
canada

cssoz2 to wasHighwire

to wasHighwire
if you have any Internet tweaking software such as "Cfosspeed" re-calibrate it (Internet), AFTER reseting + unplug the power of modem + router.
Expand your moderator at work

wasHighwire
@teksavvy.com

wasHighwire to wasHighwire

Anon

to wasHighwire

Re: [Cable] 13 days for a speed change, and counting

Hoo-ray (sort of)... my modem rebooted a few minutes ago, and I got a speed change, only it's the wrong profile (25/2) instead of what I ordered (35/3). Two steps forward and one back.

rodjames
Premium Member
join:2010-06-19

rodjames to wasHighwire

Premium Member

to wasHighwire
once you get it, it's NOMNOMNOMNOM though. be patient, mine took a couple weeks.
ThirtyThree
join:2011-05-29
Canadian cit

ThirtyThree to wasHighwire

to wasHighwire
Sorry to hear about it. I feel for you. I gave up trying to change my speed today.

Optional
Mississauga, ON

Optional

If you've been keeping up to date with the goings on around here, you'll know that a speed change will take 2 - 3 weeks. rogers is so frigging slow right now for some reason, it seems like they don't give two shits about processing requests from teksavvy. So just hold tight.. it's the only way to go about this. You go to another ISP you'll be paying so much money it's basically highway robbery. Other third party ISPs will have the same problems.

oceros37
join:2013-07-20
St Thomas, ON

oceros37 to wasHighwire

to wasHighwire
said by wasHighwire :

Hoo-ray (sort of)... my modem rebooted a few minutes ago, and I got a speed change, only it's the wrong profile (25/2) instead of what I ordered (35/3). Two steps forward and one back.

Your former 28 mbps package doesn't exist on the aggregated setup so seeing 25/2 likely just means your upgrade to 35/3 is still not processed yet at all, as opposed to being processed incorrectly.

WhaleOilBee
What a long strange trip it's been
join:2011-08-02
Manotick, ON

WhaleOilBee to wasHighwire

to wasHighwire
My request for 25/2 from Aug 9 appears to have gone through in the wee hours of this morning. No need to reset the modem, it was done remotely...

Wed Aug 21 01:33:34 2013 Critical (3) Resetting the cable modem due to docsDevResetNow

oceros37
join:2013-07-20
St Thomas, ON

oceros37

said by WhaleOilBee:

My request for 25/2 from Aug 9 appears to have gone through in the wee hours of this morning. No need to reset the modem, it was done remotely...

Wed Aug 21 01:33:34 2013 Critical (3) Resetting the cable modem due to docsDevResetNow

Some rogers rep must have missed his "How to mess with third party requests" training and accidently sent a remote reboot.

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020 to wasHighwire

Premium Member

to wasHighwire
It takes a long time right now to process the profile changes due to the Robbers backlog.

My friend in Carlton Place just received his 28/1 --> 25/2 change last night. It was ordered on Aug 7th so that is two weeks, or ten business days.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to wasHighwire

Premium Member

to wasHighwire
said by wasHighwire :

LOL... now you'll have to wait two more weeks!

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to wasHighwire

Premium Member

to wasHighwire
Can you please post in the direct forum so we can take a look.

If that is in fact the case, I am really sorry about this. We will get it fixed.

Optional
Mississauga, ON

Optional to wasHighwire

to wasHighwire
said by wasHighwire :

Omg I would absolutely flip, what a mess this crap is with rogers and their delays. my goodness.

I put my order in on friday, I fully expect it to take two full weeks -sigh-
Zamboni
join:2009-06-04

Zamboni to wasHighwire

to wasHighwire
I requested for an upgrade back in July. It took a month, 2 botched orders (they tried to send me a brand new modem for no reason) and 3 phone calls to get my upgrade.

Now my speed is slightly lower than before instead of say, upgraded.

36 days and counting... WOOT!

Optional
Mississauga, ON

Optional to wasHighwire

to wasHighwire
That's lovely.. I'm so irritated right now reading all these horror stories of getting the upgrades done.. Uhg. 5 bucks says mine takes until thanks giving. (ordered on the 16th)
rwise2112
join:2012-10-23
Nepean, ON

rwise2112 to wasHighwire

to wasHighwire
My modem rebooted last night and I thought I got my 28/1 -> 35/3 upgrade, but speed tests still were showing 1 up. However, download speeds did seem higher than pervious tests topping out at about 65 (typically 45-50 was the max before). I'm wondering if they changed my profile but left my uplaod the same.
Anybody know what you would see in the modem logs to indicate a new profile was set up?
BrianON
join:2011-09-30
Ottawa, ON

BrianON

said by rwise2112:

My modem rebooted last night and I thought I got my 28/1 -> 35/3 upgrade, but speed tests still were showing 1 up. However, download speeds did seem higher than pervious tests topping out at about 65 (typically 45-50 was the max before). I'm wondering if they changed my profile but left my uplaod the same.
Anybody know what you would see in the modem logs to indicate a new profile was set up?

Check the QoS setting for upstream speed on your router. Rebooting the router will make it remeasure uplink speed unless you set it manually in the past.
rdcanuck
join:2010-09-22
Nepean, ON

rdcanuck to rwise2112

to rwise2112
Same thing happened to me yesterday (late night remote reboot) but I didn't get the upload speeds. The modem was then remotely rebooted again at about 3pm in the afternoon and that is when the new 4 mb/s kicked in.

I ordered 45/4 on the 8th August, the POI was converted on the 12th and got the upgrade on the 21st (so 9 days after ATPIA).

I am happy now
rwise2112
join:2012-10-23
Nepean, ON

rwise2112

said by rdcanuck:

Same thing happened to me yesterday (late night remote reboot) but I didn't get the upload speeds. The modem was then remotely rebooted again at about 3pm in the afternoon and that is when the new 4 mb/s kicked in.

I ordered 45/4 on the 8th August, the POI was converted on the 12th and got the upgrade on the 21st (so 9 days after ATPIA).

I am happy now

Ok. That's encouraging! I ordered on the 11th and I'm on the same POI. I shouldn't be far behind you. I'll give it another day or two.

metalhawk
join:2007-02-06
Nepean, ON

metalhawk to wasHighwire

to wasHighwire
I'm on Fallowfield, placed my order on the 7th and got the new speeds yesterday, at some point in the evening (I was at work, so didn't see the modem reboot).

Your turn should be soon if Rogers is finally reaching the Fallowfield backlog.

wasHighwire
@teksavvy.com

wasHighwire to wasHighwire

Anon

to wasHighwire
This comedy of errors continues, but it's not getting any funnier. E-mail support has been useless. First it was "we don't see your speed request as having been processed - wait two more days." Then it was, "oh yes, it's been processed, power cycle your moden." Still wrong speed. Then it was "did you run speed test?" Yep - still wrong speed. It's absolutely 100% clear that I'm on 25/2.

Customer support confirms that I ordered 35/3. Now I'm going through the BS troubleshooting crap with tech support. Disconnect your router and hook up to your computer. Release your IP address lease. Power cycle your computer. Blah blah blah. JFC.

How's Start looking these days?
wasHighwire

wasHighwire

Anon

Tech support had me download a cmd-shell 'bat' file, which I had to run with my computer directly connected to my cable modem, bypassing the router. It does a bunch of ping tests and traceroutes, ipconfigs, etc. - all fine! Conclusion after almost 90 minutes of being on hold and troubleshooting: wrong speed profile! Duh! The tech support person (Eric) was very nice.

evil_gusgus
join:2008-04-14
London, ON

evil_gusgus to wasHighwire

to wasHighwire
...just put in my speed change request Monday going from 28/1 -> 35/3. I got an email saying I only had a DOCSIS 2 modem, only to get another email later on saying they made a mistake, and that I did have a DOCSIS 3 modem. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a clusterthingy.

rodjames
Premium Member
join:2010-06-19

rodjames to wasHighwire

Premium Member

to wasHighwire
said by wasHighwire :

How's Start looking these days?

That's getting old. The more you jump around between companies, the higher the prices get for everyone.