spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bjcsoln

join:2013-08-03

[BC] Would this work?

Since it looks like the newer versions of the TELUS provided Actiontec routers won't even except an older ROM (mine gave me an error when I tried to flash the v48 that was linked on this site), do you think the following would work:

If I could purchase the same model of router (from somewhere else) that I could factory reset, and then tried to flash the TELUS v.48 ROM (that would accept the admin account and passwords that have been posted before).

From what I learned on the site here, I was able to do a factory reset on the TELUS .57ROM, and that did open up some additional access (including a firmware update) but it rejected the .48ROM. I have a feeling that it rejected it due to an artificial reason that was coded into the new s/w rom (as opposed to the file actually being corrupted).

Thoughts?

jed
Premium
join:2001-07-06
Alberta, Can
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TELUS
·EastLink Interne..
I've done the ones that were posted here awhile ago, and also put the factory image on, all on the Actiontech from Telus. Both units I bought off of Kijiji. Both work. A search of the forum should give you your answers as thats totally how I did it. I may have tftp'ed my images, it was awhile ago.

bjcsoln

Well, guess I will find out now. I was able to find a used router on EBay that has the TELUS v48rom loaded on it. I will start playing around with that and see if I can access the bridge mode functionality, as well as the TSR-69 menus to disable remote access.

Woot!

clowninasack

join:2006-11-09
Salmon Arm, BC
reply to bjcsoln
Actiontec V2000H? I found a root password that wasn't on this forum for it with very little googling that opens everything up. Works on mine with 31.60L.15 firmware. If that's your model I can try to find the site again, it had lots of good stuff on it. I PM'd the URL to you... I don't like spreading the passwords around too much since Telus changes them if they get too popular.

bjcsoln

Thanks, but I am still on the v1000H so the current root passwords are all over the place (now that I have been able to downgrade to the v48rom).

Darhole
Premium
join:2005-06-14
Edmonton, AB
Reviews:
·TELUS
Gonna be blunt here. If you took the time to search this forum you'd see posts by myself and several others confirming you can root a .57 latest firmware, with the instructions (minus the passwords, which several posts very strongly hint where to find them, hint: the .55 passwords all over the internet work for it freshly reset) to do so properly.

The.48 firmware is very dated. You were better off doing a reset with the latest fw with the phone cable unplugged and disabling the update functionality (tr69), and then bridging it that way. Search function is your friend!

zajacz

join:2002-09-21
Calgary, AB
kudos:2
Darhole, isn't the V2000H root/password the same root/password as the V1000H?

tablo

join:2011-06-30
Edmonton, AB
reply to bjcsoln
To the contrary, I got TELUS (V2000H) just a month ago and the firmware seems to be .48. Is there a point in upgrading and how so?

Darhole
Premium
Edmonton, AB
Reviews:
·TELUS

1 edit
reply to zajacz
As far as I know (don't have the 2000h myself to test) the others here have indicated that the password seems to match
edit: Just to elaborate, there is really two passwords floating around the net, one for the pre .53 fw and for post. Both work depending on which firmware is on the 1000h or 2000h AFAIK. The issue is that the .57 firmware scrambles its jets after a short period of time. The way around this is right after factory resetting the router with the phone cable unplugged, you disable the tr69.html remote update by removing the URL, and then plugin cable, voila, root access, no updates forced, and you can bridge all you like.

It's a stupid rule that we cannot hand the password out here, but rules are rules, so google away.

Darhole
Premium
Edmonton, AB
Reviews:
·TELUS
reply to tablo
said by tablo:

To the contrary, I got TELUS (V2000H) just a month ago and the firmware seems to be .48. Is there a point in upgrading and how so?

If you received it from Telus the firmware should update naturally. Don't know if there is a way to force the firmware upgrade. If it works, bridge it and use it. Once it updates, go through the bridge process again and this time disable tr69

This is only my advice to you however, I am a stickler for updates, others here may advise you to keep what you got, up to you to make the call =)

zajacz

Calgary, AB
reply to bjcsoln
Just got the V2000H and can confirm that the same root password works.

zajacz

Calgary, AB
reply to bjcsoln
Also, I just wanted to confirm, is the current Telus firmware for the V2000H: 31.60L.15? I noticed the Actiontec website says 31.60L.18 for Telus.

tablo

join:2011-06-30
Edmonton, AB
reply to Darhole
I'm asking because it didn't upgrade naturally. I do have an rt-n16 but never thought about bridging it for Telus. Maybe I'll do that