katamura to Optional

to Optional
Just retested. Ping/jitter went down but packet loss remains

Atpiwhat
@teksavvy.com

Atpiwhat to Optional

Anon

to Optional
Ive been having this since day 1 on atpia.

Optional
join:2012-02-26
Mississauga, ON

1 edit

Optional to ToniCipriani

to ToniCipriani

Re: WTH is wrong with ATPIA speeds? SO SLOW

My latency seems to have stabilized in Battlefield 3..however my download speeds are still friggin atrocious.

edit: lmao nvm, latency is awful.

WaitForGodot
join:2009-01-07

WaitForGodot to Optional

to Optional

Re: What is wrong with ATPIA speeds?! SO SLOW

Does anyone have any idea about the potential reason behind this complete breakdown in the Roger ATPIA world ?
yltsi
join:2012-02-21

yltsi to Optional

to Optional
speed is back to normal at the moment, slight ping loss.

Optional
Mississauga, ON

Optional

said by yltsi:

speed is back to normal at the moment, slight ping loss.

cuz everyone said to hell with this and went to bed.. marc says the problem isn't fixed.

Definitely in for another night of crap tomorrow.
Ashrafz
join:2013-08-14
Mississauga, ON

Ashrafz to yltsi

to yltsi
Same here. Speeds are a holding.......for now.

xrscvz
join:2013-08-19
Mississauga, ON

xrscvz

I've got big change to report...I've lost connection entirely. My modem is just there constantly trying to connect looping through each light.
DarkAstraea
join:2012-01-21
Mississauga, ON

DarkAstraea

Yeah same thing happened to me when I woke up, had to leave for work so not sure if it's still happening.

Modem spitting out these messages:

DHCP FAILED - Discover sent, no offer received;
Lost MDD Timeout
No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
MDD message timeout

On Wolfedale POI (Mississauga)

Optional
Mississauga, ON

Optional

Welcome to my life. That's happening repeatedly to me and I've had a tech support ticket open for 2 weeks to have a tech sent out. Rogers finally answers teksavvys ticket, and asks them to ask me to check my connection again..... And closed the ticket lmao? Now I gotta wait probably 2 weeks again.

Sad thing is I called rogers yesterday for an issue related to their hdtv service and a tech was here this morning. 24 hrs!

As for the dial up connection speeds it'll probably happen again tonight - sigh

Fm0203
@rogers.com

Fm0203

Anon

There's a 17 page thread on this issue. It's affecting everyone, and of course it's caused by Rogers. No point getting techs out... They'll fix it when they fix it. Sadly.

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to Optional

to Optional
Well to be fair, a Rogers tech visit wouldn't resolve your issue when the source of the problem has been located to be the hardware handling the 10Ge links from Rogers to TSI.

@DarkAstraea

Those modem log messages are pretty standard. In general the modem log is pretty useless unless you're suffering an issue like DHCP or awaiting provisioning.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to Optional

Premium Member

to Optional

Re: [Cable] What's going on with Mississauga cable speeds? 1mbps

said by Optional See Profile

This is getting ridiculous. My buddy is on rogers 35/3 down the road and he has full 40mbps/3mbps speed tests. WTF.

[/BQUOTE :

^^^^^^^
This

This is why I keep hammering TSI/CNOC to do actual field tests.

Two cable services at the same address connected to the same node, same speed config - one from the incumbent, one from the indie, and some machines constantly running a battery of synchronized tests on both links. Do this in at least every postal code FSA (M6A/M6B/M6C/etc...) or even finer granularity where warranted.

Record all the data in a database and then crunch away looking for deliberate fucking around with TPIA/ATPIA by the incumbents.

Some customr
@teksavvy.com

Some customr

Anon

"Record all the data in a database and then crunch away looking for deliberate fucking around with TPIA/ATPIA by the incumbents."

===

OK ... And then what?

Robbers won't do a thing to change it.

The bully is looking us dead in the eye and saying "So! What you going to do about it?"

MJB33
join:2012-01-29

MJB33

attention needs to be pointed towards rogers and it's customer's (sheeple)... who take the **** and don't care.... they don't know anything about how the internet works... just want internet.... that's the problem
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to Some customr

Premium Member

to Some customr
said by Some customr :

"Record all the data in a database and then crunch away looking for deliberate fucking around with TPIA/ATPIA by the incumbents."

===

OK ... And then what?

Robbers won't do a thing to change it.

The bully is looking us dead in the eye and saying "So! What you going to do about it?"

FWIW, the CRTC may do something about it.
Newspaper ads calling out politicians who fail to act & OpenMedia petitions can help.
But it all starts with the data.

MJB33
join:2012-01-29

MJB33

it starts with people...the customers... basically brainwashed by rogers and bell ad's telling how great their service is... nothing will change if customers don't change and demand change... bell/rogers suck ***!!!

Optional
Mississauga, ON

Optional

Re: What is wrong with ATPIA speeds?! SO SLOW

I'd be willing to speak out against their bullshit.

xrscvz
join:2013-08-19
Mississauga, ON

xrscvz

So I've been scouring the forums all day. Is there any update as to when the net will be fixed approximately? My net was incredibly slow last night and this morning I lost connection entirely.