reply to Optional

Re: [Cable] What's going on with Mississauga cable speeds? 1mbps

Slowwwww...

Optional

join:2012-02-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

Im not even going to bother restarting my modem, as it's not just my problem.

also every time I seem to do that I lose connection for a day..

This is getting ridiculous. My buddy is on rogers 35/3 down the road and he has full 40mbps/3mbps speed tests. WTF.

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4

said by Optional See Profile

This is getting ridiculous. My buddy is on rogers 35/3 down the road and he has full 40mbps/3mbps speed tests. WTF.

[/BQUOTE :

^^^^^^^
This

This is why I keep hammering TSI/CNOC to do actual field tests.

Two cable services at the same address connected to the same node, same speed config - one from the incumbent, one from the indie, and some machines constantly running a battery of synchronized tests on both links. Do this in at least every postal code FSA (M6A/M6B/M6C/etc...) or even finer granularity where warranted.

Record all the data in a database and then crunch away looking for deliberate fucking around with TPIA/ATPIA by the incumbents.

Some customr

@teksavvy.com

"Record all the data in a database and then crunch away looking for deliberate fucking around with TPIA/ATPIA by the incumbents."

===

OK ... And then what?

Robbers won't do a thing to change it.

The bully is looking us dead in the eye and saying "So! What you going to do about it?"

MJB

join:2012-01-29

attention needs to be pointed towards rogers and it's customer's (sheeple)... who take the **** and don't care.... they don't know anything about how the internet works... just want internet.... that's the problem

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
reply to Some customr

said by Some customr :

"Record all the data in a database and then crunch away looking for deliberate fucking around with TPIA/ATPIA by the incumbents."

===

OK ... And then what?

Robbers won't do a thing to change it.

The bully is looking us dead in the eye and saying "So! What you going to do about it?"

FWIW, the CRTC may do something about it.
Newspaper ads calling out politicians who fail to act & OpenMedia petitions can help.
But it all starts with the data.

MJB

join:2012-01-29

it starts with people...the customers... basically brainwashed by rogers and bell ad's telling how great their service is... nothing will change if customers don't change and demand change... bell/rogers suck ***!!!