spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

monkzilla

join:2013-08-20

[DSL] Hopefully.

I was wondering if DSLextreme is available in Lancaster, Ca. If it is, then why didn't I qualify?

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:27

In general, yes, we offer DSL service there. However, your particular location may be in a spot too far out from any local central offices or remote terminals. It's kind of like asking if you can use a cellphone in Lancaster... sure you can, but in some specific areas you may have poor or no cellphone reception.

If you want to send me an IM with your phone number and address I can try double-checking the prequal for you.

monkzilla

I had emailed DSLX about service in my area and they had double checked it, but instead of $14.95 for the 3 Mbps it was 35.95. Why is that? Is it because I do not have landline yet, or is because i'm futher away?

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

I'm having a lot of trouble prequalifying your location... not sure what trick or forgotten lore the sales rep used to locate and prequalify you, but I'm not yet able to find anything myself.

Prices do vary from area to area (they don't change based on whether or not you have a pre-existing landline), but $34.95 is the monthly price in most areas for a 3Mbps connection with no annual contract. Is that what you're looking at, by chance?

monkzilla

Isn't there a year contract? If so, is the price lower and will I be to qualify for that?

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

Most customers usually do sign an annual contract, and yes, the price is lower for such. With regards to qualification - again, I haven't been able to prequalify you for anything on my end, so if one of the sales reps WAS able to successfully prequalify you, I'd recommend replying back to the email from that sales rep and ask them about what they were able to find for you.

monkzilla

Okay, thank you.