spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Lrsone

@optonline.net

[iO] Samsung STB Reboot Issues

Okay so my Samsung STB reboots every so often maybe once or twice a week. Just rebooted right now, I was always a little concerned about this cause it didn't seem normal. So like I said tonight it just rebooted twice but now it's stuck on Ait. I have no clue what's that about its at the "Storing Applications is in Progress" and it's been so for almost an hour.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1

Maybe you have a signal issue?

MuDvAyNe
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Lrsone

Sounds like a bad box to me. Exchange it at a store or schedule a tech visit.
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

sk934

join:2013-08-22
Long Island
reply to Lrsone

The box being stuck at Ait with that message means the box is updating the software, its SUPPOSE to take an hour tops, from personal experience I've noticed it takes a few hours. When the box reboots you usually see "P 116" or "P 117" that number will increase 1 digit (once the download is complete) and on the Samsung loading screen you will see "V 1.1.6" or "V 1.1.7". If it does not take in the update you will get a message that says "Software download failure, contact customer service" that will mean the box needs to be changed. As far as the box rebooting it's self every so often I wouldn't be alarmed unless it is a constant matter or you see a trend as if you were to open the guide and it throws itself into a reboot. Hope this helps.

MuDvAyNe
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Lrsone

Ait should not taken longer than 5-7 mins to load.
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

lrsone

@optonline.net

Well it loaded the system onto the box took a bit of time and only after I unplugged the box. It always reboots itself thought like once or twice a week, anybody else have this happen with their Samsung STB?

MuDvAyNe
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

Like I stated that is not normal. I would get a replacement box.
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils