DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

My home network

Click for full size
I've finally cleaned it up a bit, still need to get some proper length cables for a few things but you can't see that from the pic

Also wish I could get a right angle power cable that went the other way (see the power cable on the far end, the connector is 180 degrees from the near one so if I used the same cable it'd be pointing up.) and the power cables are 14 gauge)
--
semper idem
1KTzRMxN1a2ATrtAAvbmEnMBoY3E2kHtyv

ke4pym
Premium
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC
Reviews:
·VOIPO
·ooma
·Verizon Broadban..
·Northland Cable ..
·Time Warner Cable

I can't tell what orientation your power plugs are. See if something in here won't help you out:

»www.digikey.com/product-search/e···eSize=25

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

I'll have you double check but I think
»www.digikey.com/product-detail/e···/1980701

but Not sure if it would take a 14AWG cable
and kinda want to stick with factory made cables like the monoprice ones.
--
semper idem

ke4pym
Premium
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC
Reviews:
·VOIPO
·ooma
·Verizon Broadban..
·Northland Cable ..
·Time Warner Cable
reply to DarkLogix

If the ground pin is on what would be the left side of that socket (from this viewpoint) then that plug you found would have the cable headed to the celing.

The plug is rated to 10A.

I bought one of those plugs for my preamp. It is a very nice plug and the strain relief looks very professional once you've stuffed the cable into the plug. Not sure how comfortable you are with doing this kinda thing... Me, I'd whack the end off and put that new end on without much a second thought.

But I'm not responsible if you burn your shiny rack-o-gear down.

TomS_
Git-r-done
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-19
London, UK
kudos:5
reply to DarkLogix

»www.stayonline.com/iec-c13-to-c1···rds.aspx

Cheap too.

Dont worry so much about the gauge of cable in them, any C13/C14 cable should be able to handle 10A, and your router isnt going to be drawing anywhere near that amount anyway.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

Thanks, and they have 14awg

I go for 14 partly for the overkill factor, and no one makes a 10awg one (mathematically there is some better efficiency but I don't think its measurable.)
--
semper idem

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to TomS_

one other thing it seems the source I was using for those cat7 cables has vanished, so I'll have to look into another source and/or just use cat6, though I like using STP cables.
--
semper idem

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to ke4pym

said by ke4pym:

If the ground pin is on what would be the left side of that socket (from this viewpoint) then that plug you found would have the cable headed to the celing.

I'd have to look to double check

looks like you're right based on a google search for pics of it
--
semper idem

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to DarkLogix

Ok looked closer and it looks like »www.stayonline.com/5-15-c13-angl···rds.aspx is more what I want

need to measure how long the cable needs to be but I'd guess 5-6ft, maybe 4ft (Has to go to the back of the rack and then to the right side where the PDU is)
--
semper idem

Zorack

join:2001-12-14
Fayetteville, WV
reply to DarkLogix

Nice network rack you have there...

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to DarkLogix

Click for full size
An update
I added a DL360 G5

I still need to connect it to the KVM, and network cables
(and and frankly at the moment I'm not happy with my KVM Cables)

I got the kvm cables from monoprice, and with the server right below the KVM each time I slide it out it knocks the PS2 connectors out of the KVM

I think I like my one KVM cable from cables to go better
the Monoprice ones are hte type where its a VGA cable with PS2 cables molded on to it.

the cables to go one (currently its only doing the job of KVM to monitor/keyboard/mouse) has all the wires in one cable with the PS2's coming out of the VGA connector

So when I slide the server out the monoprice cables catches a little and the PS2 connector comes out, and its a bit of a PITA to get my hand in there to reconnect.

My plan is to run ESXi on the DL360G5 (I have a 16GB usb flash drive plugged into the internal USB port.
--
semper idem

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico

Cool setup!
How deep is the KVM? You might be able to get a cable management bar and install it backwards if it clears the rear of the unit. It would give you something secure to bind the cables to so they don't get yanked out if they drag on the new server below.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

I'd have to measure but I'd guess about 3inches
I found if I hold the cables while sliding the server its ok, just gotta be careful

I think I'll likely replace the cables with cables togo KVM cables in time
--
semper idem