spc
Search similar:

uniqs

JerseyUser
@comcast.net

JerseyUser

Anon

[Connectivity] Is comcast blocking ultramegabit downloads

I was, up until a month ago, able to download from www.ultramegabit.com with no issue. Now, I receive the following

Oops! Internet Explorer could not connect to ultramegabit.com

Google Search

I have tried to download via Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox. I have asked around but every reply falls to Comcast is blocking it. Any info would be great.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

works in both chrome and ie10 here.
when I say work I mean I reach the site, not the site is well designed (blown out frame on the front page) and a note saying if YOU have problems, YOU should force a reload.

I don't believe comcast is blocking www.ultramegabit.com.

Joizefnf
@comcast.net

Joizefnf

Anon

I have no explanation for it then. I am not running any new software. Thanks for your reply.

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru to JerseyUser

Premium Member

to JerseyUser
If you ping the hostname does it resolve to an IP. Once you have the IP, what does a tracert look like?

Could be many issues outside if your location.

tshirt
Premium Member
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to Joizefnf

Premium Member

to Joizefnf
Actually I was implying the site itself is part of the problem, and maybe blocking the OP, intentionally or otherwise

Joizefnf
@comcast.net

Joizefnf to ropeguru

Anon

to ropeguru
While I am somewhat proficient at fixing a computer, I am a little foggy on the ping process. I know it is done at the dos prompt. I appreciate your feedback. Will google that process.

joizefnf
@comcast.net

joizefnf to tshirt

Anon

to tshirt
I do not believe that to be the case. I have emailed other people within the groups I belong to they are having no problem. I did a google search to see if Comcast is blocking this site and have turned up very little. Some other sites previously, but not this one.

tshirt
Premium Member
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

what do you see at 108.61.8.205 (just enter the number as shown in the your browser(s) )

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG to JerseyUser

Premium Member

to JerseyUser
Seeing a trace may reveal something. Are you using a router that has a MAC address cloning feature ?