1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

1 edit

Subaru

Premium Member

[Need Info] Prepaid card help

I 'm looking for a prepaid sim card but I need less then 60 min but looking online it seems all of them have sim cards but no min on them?

Ok just a prepaid sim no min, so I can get the mins I ended up getting a AT&T go card I just need it for this one trip.
SCADAGeo
Premium Member
join:2012-11-08
N California

SCADAGeo

Premium Member

Some SIM cards come with activation kits, which may include a few dollars, but in normal circumstances, funding is a separate action.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

thanks

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to Subaru

to Subaru
The only one I know of here in the us that is a pre-paid plan attached to the sim itself is ReadySim.

They are using tmobile network however so you would need an unlocked or tmobile phone.

»www.readysim.com/

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

Not bad but the closest place for me to get a sim is NYC so too much of a hassle.

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22

Amazon has em.
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus to Subaru

Premium Member

to Subaru
Looks like their coverage is mostly in major cities only. It might be best to get prepaid with a major carrier. I find all coverage maps lie, even the one who claims to have the most coverage. Even the prepaid from major carriers might not have the roaming providers that the normal plans have.

I have t-mobile prepaid, and I've been provided with another phone so I keep it around for as little as $10 a year at home. I might take it with me if I go out of town as a backup, but I do believe they have an activation fee to start prepaid service. AT&T also has pay per use plans, and I'm sure it's similar, you pay the activation to buy the sim card, and add money as needed.
»prepaid-phones.t-mobile. ··· id-plans
»www.att.com/shop/wireles ··· ans.html

Make sure your phone is unlocked if you need to use a carrier you didn't buy the phone from, there's been issues with that lately.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

This is the card I got today

»www.amazon.com/gp/produc ··· F8&psc=1

it just came with the sim card on the credit card sized card and nothing else.. I'm not sure how do I get it set up? I need to have it before I leave tomorrow morning.
SCADAGeo
Premium Member
join:2012-11-08
N California

1 recommendation

SCADAGeo

Premium Member

said by Subaru:

This is the card I got today

»www.amazon.com/gp/produc ··· F8&psc=1

it just came with the sim card on the credit card sized card and nothing else.. I'm not sure how do I get it set up? I need to have it before I leave tomorrow morning.

AT&T GoPhone Activation or call 611 to activate.

Minutes can be purchased either online or at retail locations (WalMart, Target, gas stations, convenience stores, etc).

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

Thank you so much!