RIP goose
Premium
join:2006-07-25
Rochester, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·ViaTalk

Netgear Modem

I had the opportunity for a deal on the Netgear CMD31T-100NAS router that is supported for TWC.

Most everyone here with their own seems to be talking about the SB6141, but I have seen no conversations about the Netgear.

Is there anyone out there with any experience with this modem? How does it compare to the SB6141? It is due to arrive in two day and I could easily back out of the deal if need be.

Thanks.

Suit Up

join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
I believe that it only supports 4 downstream channels, whereas the SB6141 supports 8. That is why more people are interested in the SB6141 and the Zoom 5341J.

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:17
reply to unknvoip
I'd stay away from combo modem/router units. They are prone to problems and firmware for fixing many of them is controlled by the provider alone.

Jabbu
Premium
join:2002-03-06
said by DrDrew:

I'd stay away from combo modem/router units. They are prone to problems and firmware for fixing many of them is controlled by the provider alone.

A M E N ! Preach on brother.

unknvoip
RIP goose
Premium
Rochester, NY
Reviews:
·ViaTalk
reply to Suit Up
said by Suit Up:

I believe that it only supports 4 downstream channels, whereas the SB6141 supports 8. That is why more people are interested in the SB6141 and the Zoom 5341J.

I suspected that might be the case. Thanks.

unknvoip
RIP goose
Premium
Rochester, NY
Reviews:
·ViaTalk

1 edit
reply to DrDrew
said by DrDrew:

I don't believe this is a combo unit. I typed 'router' earlier, but only meant 'modem'.