JoeSchmoe007
Premium
join:2003-01-19
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Callcentric
·Verizon FiOS

[OOL] Has your promo pricing FOR INTERNET ONLY expired recently?

If your promo pricing FOR INTERNET ONLY (not interested in dual or triple-play) expired recently - were you able to get some kind of a deal from OOL? Especially interested if FIOS is also available at your location - it is at mine (I was previously FIOS customer) and online tool offers me 15/5 internet for $40/month (no contract).

MxxCon

join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY

Re: [OOL] Has your promo pricing FOR INTERNET ONLY expired recen

I don't think CV has any promos for stand-alone OOL. It's just $50/month.
»www.optimum.com/home-internet-se···cing.jsp
--
[Sig removed by Administrator: signature can not exceed 20GB]

JoeSchmoe007
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Callcentric
·Verizon FiOS

said by MxxCon:

I don't think CV has any promos for stand-alone OOL. It's just $50/month.
»www.optimum.com/home-internet-se···cing.jsp

If you go to the bottom of that page ("Details")and click on #5 (Optimum Online Offer) it shows $39.95

MxxCon

join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY

Hmm, you are right.
But they also seem to have mixed up their small print numbers. OOL-only has a small "4" at the end, but at the bottom 4 is for triple play. And "5" seems to be for Ultra50.. :/
--
[Sig removed by Administrator: signature can not exceed 20GB]

JoeSchmoe007
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

Yeah, numbers above are mixed up.

xcharles718

join:2010-08-23
Brooklyn, NY
reply to JoeSchmoe007

Currently on the $29.95 promo. It usually ends every 6 months or so. Whenever I receive the bill at regular price, I call up CV, tell them I want to cancel so I can get cheaper internet with FiOS, and they re-up the promo price.

momcat1
No Relation To The Bobcat

join:2002-10-21
Wappingers Falls, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to JoeSchmoe007

No it doesn't. It shows this

Optimum Online Details

Offer for new residential customers subscribing to Optimum Online only. 1 modem per household. Install fee applies for professional installation. Minimum system requirements & equipment configurations apply. Actual speeds may vary and are not guaranteed. Prices and terms subject to change without notice.

JoeSchmoe007
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Callcentric
·Verizon FiOS

said by momcat1:

No it doesn't. It shows this

Optimum Online Details

Offer for new residential customers subscribing to Optimum Online only. 1 modem per household. Install fee applies for professional installation. Minimum system requirements & equipment configurations apply. Actual speeds may vary and are not guaranteed. Prices and terms subject to change without notice.

Well, today it doesn't but back when I posted it it did.

Bensonbklyn

@optonline.net

My $30 promo for 1 year of OOL finally ended last month. They raised the price to $60.00 for the basic non ultra ool. I'd tried to call and ask for new promo and they said nothing. They only have double play for $70 or Triple for $90. I end up going with Triple with 1 STB since you can stream with your computer and/or ipad/android devices. I'll call them back in a few months and see if they are running any promo and see if I can sign up again. I heard from others that if you are currently netflix/amazon prime subscribers, you can get the double for $60.

JoeSchmoe007
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Callcentric
·Verizon FiOS

said by Bensonbklyn :

My $30 promo for 1 year of OOL finally ended last month. They raised the price to $60.00 for the basic non ultra ool. I'd tried to call and ask for new promo and they said nothing. They only have double play for $70 or Triple for $90. I end up going with Triple with 1 STB since you can stream with your computer and/or ipad/android devices. I'll call them back in a few months and see if they are running any promo and see if I can sign up again. I heard from others that if you are currently netflix/amazon prime subscribers, you can get the double for $60.

Is FIOS available at your location?

tmc8080

join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·ooma
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Bensonbklyn

Off promo regulat OOL should only be $49.99- the new promos have the price raised to $39.99, so you had a stand-alone promo which NO LONGER EXISTS (excepting as part of triple/double play which have recently been going out in mailings & advertised on tv). There must be a billing error, or you have Ultra 50 or Ultra 101 added in billing, but not recieving actual upgrade. Ultra 50 regular price is $54.95 (+$4.95) $60 would represent a grandfathered ultra 30 (which for some was upgraded to ultra 101 on promo). Off promo price for ultra 101 is +$55 in addition to any base or promo price to OOL. IMO, not worth $55 for simply doubling speeds, when they go from 15 to 50 (more than triple) for a mere $5??

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

Internet only service has been 54.95 for a while now
So Ultra 50 would be 59.90
Exactly where bensonbklyn was rolled into after promo ended
They roped him into triple play deal