Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SoonerAl
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-23
Norman, OK
kudos:5

[Off Topic] Cox Contour service article...

From the FWIW department...

On the Oklahoman site today...

Contour service from Cox adds value, depth to cable TV, but comes at a cost

»newsok.com/contour-service-from-···/3873595

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1
I called again and was given $15.00 more a month after clearly stating we have whole home DVR, "You need new, more expensive equipment" she was clueless. I bet all I need to do is change the base unit!

-Rob

Shrapnel64
Premium
join:2001-01-24
VA, USA
Rob,

You were quoted the correct amount.

Forget the fact that you already have the Whole Home DVR "Plus" package @ $5/month; here locally, Cox was giving the Plus Package away for free a few weeks ago.

It's an extra $10 for the "Contour" package, then another $5 on top of the standard HD DVR fee for the "Record 6" DVR vs the one you're already paying for.

DarkFlow

join:2011-09-04
Lakeside, CA
Wonder how I'm getting it then. I'm not paying that extra $10 and the contour app works just fine on my ipad, watching TV on it right now.

Shrapnel64
Premium
VA, USA
Not really sure. Do you have the "Record 6" DVR as well?

I don't work for Cox ...I'm just strictly going off the price list for the Gulf Coast / Hampton Roads VA Markets.

»ww2.cox.com/residential/gulfcoas···t_040113

DarkFlow

Lakeside, CA
Nope, I have the older DVR for the PLUS package, the cisco 8642. Contour has worked since it went live for me.

Shrapnel64
Premium
VA, USA
You might not want to say that too loud! ...as with anything new, there are bugs to be worked out.

I'm sure Cox will do a global account audit sooner than later to make sure everyone is paying for what they're supposed to.

There again, maybe you're a grandfathered user of some sort and they're allowing you extra access hoping that you'll want to upgrade! :-P

DarkFlow

Lakeside, CA
lol Oh I'm not worried, I'm about to cut the cord on this cable anyway. I'm paying way too much for shit I don't even watch. It's most likely going to be gone by the end of the month. I did notice that the Plus package is now gone, so maybe that's why.

This is the only one I have no idea what it is, and must be my plus pack, but does not line up with any prices on the list.

DVR/HD Advanced Receiver
$8.50

Optimus2357
Premium
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI
kudos:3

1 edit
reply to DarkFlow
The basic app is free. Only limitation I know of is the "Play on TV" feature doesn't work. So its like a combo of all the separate Premium channel apps, a online guide app, and a client to watch EOD online, for free. Not bad.

::Edit:: Well EOD that normally cost money on TV cost money on the App. But Finally you can watch Dexter on the Ipad. YEA

"Contour Requirements" bottom of screen:
»contour.cox.com/

"REQUIREMENTS

What is required in order to get the full Contour experience?
In order to get the Contour experience, you need the following:

A Cox bundle with TV Preferred, Premier, or Ultimate, and High Speed Internet Preferred, Premier, or Ultimate.
The Contour TV Package which includes the Contour Guide with personal show recommendations, Contour High Capacity DVR ( Record 6 DVR option ), and Contour App for iPad.

What is required in order to access the Contour App?
The Contour app is available to Cox bundle customers with Cox TV Essential or better, and Cox Internet Preferred or better. The app is compatible with iPad 2 or newer (iPad 1 is compatible with the Cox TV Connect app, also found in the App store). Personal show recommendations based on TV viewing and the Watch On TV app feature requires the Contour TV package."

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE
and not all ondemand that is available via a cox box is available on the app. ABC so far is the only brodcast network on the app.

Optimus2357
Premium
West Warwick, RI
Oh, but what about premium EOD? HBO, Starz, etc?

ajwees41
Premium
Omaha, NE

1 edit
no premiums, but cox did say via facebook that more could be availablr, but new contracts for ondemand via app need to be done,

Anonguy

@cox.net
reply to Optimus2357
said by Optimus2357:

Oh, but what about premium EOD? HBO, Starz, etc?

They are available thru their standalone apps. HBOGo and Stars Play for example.

Optimus2357
Premium
West Warwick, RI
Yea but the whole point of having a EOD app is that it offers something different then the stand alone apps. The thing about EOD is the concept is out dated. These days , with Netflix and Youtube and HBO Go and large DVR systems, almost all media is "on demand". The only reason to watch EOD at all is because its providing media you can't get any other way.

ajwees41
Premium
Omaha, NE
reply to Anonguy
That's npt Eod you can't stop and continue from same place like you can on the boxes.